Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchange 2003 send as permission,Help!

• 11-10-2004 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi all. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but I couldn't find anywhere else to post it. If I don't sort this i'll get the boot!

Basically all I want to do is allow another user the "send as" permission on another mailbox. It's a secetary thats wants to send mails as if from the boss.

I only have 1 DC.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=327000

I have followed the MS articles on how to do this,which advised in active dir to select "view" from the toolbar and select "advanced features" and then the security tab appears on the mailbox in question. Then it says to add in the user giving them "send as permission" ensuring the correct box is checked.

Unfortunately It just doesn't work and i would be grateful if anyone could explain in simple step by step how to do this task before I get the boot!

Many thanks,

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It's always better to do this stuff on the client side (Outlook) for full visibilty and just maybe the clients will take ownership of settings once they understand them.

Tools - options - Delegates
    Add
    permissions - send on behalf of etc.

Don't forget to tick the box that sends an email to the Client detailing the permissions. (the user will also get a copy in the outbox) for traceability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rubber_vomit

Thanks Captain but it's send as and not send on behlaf of that I require.

Cheers!

R

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I take it you can see the From field (New Message, View, From Field)
    if the user still hasn't got the rights, not forgetting that Ex2003 need 15 minutes on a good day to replicate, and probably user logging in to exchange again (restart PC in case they Exit rather than Exit & logoff in OutlooK)

Open the account on the exchange server - into the Exchanged Advanced Tab , Mailbox Rights - add the delegate to the list - full mailbox access should do it. But let the owner of the mailbox know that you have done it..

IMHO it's best to give all or nothing on the Server, less for the Admin to remember, for the same reason where possible delegates should always be done from the clients PC so they can check / change or remove permissions any time they want.

Advertisement