Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back in the game... 11th Oct 20-in @ the Fitz.

Options
  • 11-10-2004 11:01am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

To wrecked to write loads. I drew the 20-in last night with Big-Stack-Anto :)

I was never well chipped, even at the final table I only had 4K to start, with the blinds at 400/800 (iirc!) and me in seat two...
    Anto on the other hand had 78,000 and basically sat there scaring people with it!

I made one really ropey call on the second last table to decimate my stack but it was worth it when LaFortezza's gloating turned sour as his KQ vs Willow's KT turned into a set of tens for Willow.
    With a lot of chips (8K) in the pot in total I was asked for 2K more by a guy all in, everyone dies except me and I have a brain fart and decide that my KQ is going to hit and that thats all I need. I'd convinced myself that the guy has an over-pair to the (very low) board. Turns out he was playing a small pocket pair (and raising small with it pre flop ... ?) and had already hit his set.

I'm was very short stacked and Willow says, "any two cards eh Tom" . I look down at AA and say "Yup, any two cards Willow, especially these two" and raise half my stack. She calls and another guy calls. I hit a set but with two spades on board I go all in and manage to surivive the spade draw when he calls.

The remains of final table are a blur but I do recall going all in under the gun with KT of hearts and hitting the flush when Frank called me with AK.
    Gotta love that hand :)

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

DeVore wrote:
    The remains of final table are a blur but I do recall going all in under the gun with KT of hearts and hitting the flush when Frank called me with AK.
    Gotta love that hand :)

DeV.
    KT eh? Once again...the new AA!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

KT suited. KTo is only a marginal hand. :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

DeVore wrote:
    KT suited. KTo is only a marginal hand. :)

DeV.

People must be starting to believe this. Biteme didn't call me last night with K10o for a 10K rise (I was all in) even though he would still have had 20K left. Yet, about four hands later he called me with K10s for half his stack (12K). Of course he rivered a king to send me packing (I had A9o). Great game though, really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

well done, I was going nicely with my straight flush, my quad eights and my qq standing up in a 4way pot all before the break but didnt see a hand after the break and got antied away

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

It *was* a fun game! I was soooo tired hanging on and hanging on.
    Btw, Neil, I totally stole that first blind when we restarted at final table too... I just desperately needed not to lose my BB and you were right when you said "I dont think you have any more of that then I do!" I think I had a Q high or something. I dont think I've ever been as grateful for a fold before.

I played SO tight up to about half way through the final table and then I stole like Fagan himself to get into the decent money!

Anyway, I got you 300 for 4th place with some (selfishly motivated) negotiations! :)
    I would have split 800 and 400 with Anto if I hadnt negotiated a deal for Frank to get the bubble and 2nd, 3rd and 4th to get 300 each instead of 400,300,200 respectively!

Also got 230 in credit towards the big game ticket yesterday too come to think of it so all in all not a bad day! Hopefully thats the end of my dry spell...
    (wins always seem to come for me when I'm desperately broke too, might be something to that!)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

DeVore wrote:
    Btw, Neil, I totally stole that first blind when we restarted at final table too... I just desperately needed not to lose my BB and you were right when you said "I dont think you have any more of that then I do!" I think I had a Q high or something. I dont think I've ever been as grateful for a fold before.

Nice one. It was a v good bet. I just didn't want to get involved that early. I actually (and I know you might not believe this) did little or no stealing last night which is unlike me. ;)
    DeVore wrote:
    Anyway, I got you 300 for 4th place with some (selfishly motivated) negotiations! :)

Fair play. I was delighted to get that deal, even though the three of us were fairly level. Anto was sound to agree to two different deals that could have resulted in him losing money. Glad he shared the big pot anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

DeVore wrote:
    when LaFortezza's gloating turned sour as his KQ vs Willow's KT turned into a set of tens for Willow.DeV.
    Jebus I hope I didn't appear to be gloating?? I think she resented me explaining why I bluffed all in as the BB with J7o.
    But that KQs vs her K10o was the real make-or-break hand of the night. If I had won that I would have had a decent amount of chips to make the final table and possibly the money, because I lost (and went massively on tilt as I was a 75% favourite to win!;) )I soon went out when I got called while bluffing on J10o.

nah just messing with you but you knew it was a ropey call of mine while I was still trying to defend it. Actually I went home and thought about it. I had put the guy on a medium pair 99-JJ and was 100% certain of it and so I have over cards to his pair with 2 cards to come. 6 outs is a 1:4 shot roughly and I was being asked for 2400 for an 8400 pot. Hence I was just shy of the odds as I thought. Turned out he had 77's and had tripped up on the flop. *shrug*
    If it had been two pips higher I'd have looked like a genius. :(

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Marginal Pot odds in a tournament situation?? You know better than that DeV...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

lafortezza wrote:
    Marginal Pot odds in a tournament situation?? You know better than that DeV...

I think most players would have much better results if they had never read Tournament Poker for Advanced Players, seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

no offence is intended by this Tom, but I thought that was one of the worst calls I have ever seen, definitely the worst call I've ever seen you make. had you flush draw as well as overcards, the call might have been slightly more justifiable but as it was it looked like madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Marq wrote:
    no offence is intended by this Tom, but I thought that was one of the worst calls I have ever seen, definitely the worst call I've ever seen you make. had you flush draw as well as overcards, the call might have been slightly more justifiable but as it was it looked like madness.

Why do you think it was so bad? This hand intrigues me, as it touches on a few subjects Im looking into at the moment. How did the hand play out preflop?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yet again Tom you're not weighing those pot odds against elimination from the tournament. Seems to work though.

Advertisement