Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I HATE lipstick!

• 11-10-2004 11:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Just saw on Fashion/Appearance a post about lipstick...

...I wanted to ask, are there guys here who absolutely hate lipstick, especially the thicker it is applied, to their (or any) girls lips???

Sometimes, it does look nice, but I prefer my girl don't wear the stuff! (who will read this no doubt - damn! should have put this on under one of my other aliases! ;) )

Yuckk!

Seanie.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

actually i kinda like lipstick.... (as long as said girl hasnt plastered it on like a clown) I think it makes a girls lips look yummy specially if they have that clear glossy stuff as well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

Can't stand it myself either. Especially when you see it on your pint glass in a pub!
    I don't mind gloss though - just as long as it is not coloured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

i like it, as long as its not over done, there was a girl on the night link, last weekend, sitting infront of me, who looked like a clown. she'd drawn a thick line around her lips, you'd think her friends and family would interviene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Lipstick or Lip Gloss = "hello, I want ya to...."

Its the biz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

i love to dress up put on a tiny bit of lippy but i usualy just use flavoured lip balm my fave is rasberry fluff great for kissing not to sticky either just nice and smooth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

I cant wear lipstick cos it turns out that i'm allergict to some makeups! So i dont wear the stuff when i go out. The last time i wore makeup was at the Grad Ball this year. I had mascara and lipstick on. The next morning i woke up my eyes were all sore and my lips had a red rash around em. Wasnt nice though! :( I love makeup but even if i could wear lipstick i still wouldnt wear it! I prefer the natural look much better! ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I hate trying to wash it off my cock at times..
    tis a bit hardish to get it off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

and it you dont wash it off it starts to look like a rainbow

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Well if you don't wash it off it looks like a rash is starting on your foreskin..looks quite funny tbh

Lenny wrote:
    I hate trying to wash it off my cock at times..
    tis a bit hardish to get it off

brillo pad... works wonders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

KittyKat wrote:
    I prefer the natural look much better! ;)

Thats what I prefer on a girl too!

Its called É`l Natúral

some times i go wit out it on but i dont know i like to wear it i feel alot better wit it on my guy friends say i dnt need it but i dnt wear it for them i wear it for me

KittyKat wrote:
    my lips had a red rash around em.

I don't think that was from the lipstick love!!! ;)

How you doin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I love to see women wearing dark dark lipstick, but I absolutely HATE having to kiss someone with lipstick on. I just think it's greasy :(

I much prefer someone who just knows how to treat their lips right, and when they kiss it's natural and soft. The bigger the better on lips btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

drshortass wrote:
    my guy friends say i dnt need it but i dnt wear it for them i wear it for me

Yep some guys will say anything to get what they want. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

How you doin!

classy as always jesus.... ;)

definitely if its plastered on it does look bad.. but done tastefully and not too much of it, it always looks good.... lip gloss yeah.... us blokes like it.... :p

The Muppet wrote:
    Yep some guys will say anything to get what they want. ;)
    very true but these are "just friends" mainly gay ones

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Like anything to do with anything...too much of anything is ****.

There are so many girls i would love to say "listen, less is more" to.
    We dont want to feel like we are kissing a bailey's cream cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

ha ha

How you doin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I don't like the taste of it, but it looks nice so that counts more :)

sure i love guys that have stubble goaties messy hair and beautiful eyes,
    do u think i can find any.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

It tends to dry lips out which makes them look pretty gross. (For this reason, you should always put lip balm on over it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Little Goose

As a gurl, I just love to wear lippy. I love to make myself 'look nice', especially when I feel down, but I never overdo it. You might argue that girls 'look nice' without make-up but my argument is that men only comment on how nice a girl looks when she's well dressed WITH MAKE-UP ON! Otherwise they just look right through ya! My problem is, my man won't kiss me when I wear it.. I don't wear it as much now as I did before I met him. That's the sacrifice I've decided to make - I'm a sucker really but I just wanna be loved!!

:o

ye its true guys only coment wen gurls are dolled up
    but then all they do is give out about it wen there mates are around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Just depends on the girl, colour of the lipstick and how much she's got on. It can be good but it can be terrible too. That other shiny lip gloss stuff is a much better option imo.
    my guy friends say i dnt need it but i dnt wear it for them i wear it for me
    very true but these are "just friends" mainly gay ones

Er, well why would you wear lipstick for your gay friends? Sorta like p!ssing into the wind, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

drshortass wrote:
    ye its true guys only coment wen gurls are dolled up
    but then all they do is give out about it wen there mates are around

I love when girls are dolled up, I just dont see why it needs to take 3 hours to happen! ;)

Shad0r wrote:
    Just depends on the girl, colour of the lipstick and how much she's got on. It can be good but it can be terrible too. That other shiny lip gloss stuff is a much better option imo.

Er, well why would you wear lipstick for your gay friends? Sorta like p!ssing into the wind, no?
    gives advise i also mentioned i only wear it for myself read plz then respond

Shad0r wrote:
    I love when girls are dolled up, I just dont see why it needs to take 3 hours to happen! ;)

Darling, YOU try this:

Take a shower.
    Exfoliate and shave underarms, legs and bikini line.
    Wash, dry and style your long un-manageable hair.
    Moisturise.
    Pick a nice outfit that you haven't been seen in lately.
    Apply make-up in a precise way so that you don't look like a clown.
    Choose the right accessories: ear-rings, belt, hand bag, shoes to match the outfit you've just picked.

THEN come back and tell us how long it took YOU!

:p

• Advertisement

Darling, YOU try this:

Take a shower.
    Exfoliate and shave underarms, legs and bikini line.
    Wash, dry and style your long un-manageable hair.
    Moisturise.
    Pick a nice outfit that you haven't been seen in lately.
    Apply make-up in a precise way so that you don't look like a clown.
    Choose the right accessories: ear-rings, belt, hand bag, shoes to match the outfit you've just picked.

THEN come back and tell us how long it took YOU!

Take a shower. 10 mins max
    Exfoliate and shave underarms, legs and bikini line. 10 mins max
    Wash, dry and style your long un-manageable hair. 20 mins max
    Moisturise. 5 mins max
    Pick a nice outfit that you haven't been seen in lately. 1 min max
    Apply make-up in a precise way so that you don't look like a clown. 10 mins max
    Choose the right accessories: ear-rings, belt, hand bag, shoes to match the outfit you've just picked. 5 mins max

grand total: 1 hour 1 minute

I fail to see where the other 2 hours is spent!!!

little goose i love u
    u made me giggle like a little school girl coz its so true!!!

Hmm shiney lipgloss... The mental images alone is material for at least a week!!

Let me take a guess Echelon...

You are:

a) Single

b) An only child or else you have no sisters

I could go on and be really mean, but I'm not that kinda gal! :D

Let me take a guess Echelon...

You are:

a) Single

b) An only child or else you have no sisters

I could go on and be really mean, but I'm not that kinda gal! :D

oh got it in one... option (a)

what does this matter though.... where does all that missing time go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

Take a shower. 10 mins max - here, i agree, although long showers can be nice.
    Exfoliate and shave underarms, legs and bikini line. 10 mins max - clearly you've never done any of that.
    Wash, dry and style your long un-manageable hair. 20 mins max - how much hair do you have and when did you last blow dry it?
    Moisturise. 5 mins max - not even, its only moisturiser
    Pick a nice outfit that you haven't been seen in lately. 1 min max - err slighty longer, since you're a guy you probably have about 5 outfits. girls have ALOT more
    Apply make-up in a precise way so that you don't look like a clown. 10 mins max - you clearly haven't done this before either...
    Choose the right accessories: ear-rings, belt, hand bag, shoes to match the outfit you've just picked. 5 mins max - i wouldn't wear most of that stuff, but if i did it'd probably take longer to pick it....

although an hour would be plenty of time for me to get ready, i can see where three hours would go with some girls. i still think its excessive though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

telephone and / or re-doing any of the above mentioned things. it has to look like no effort went into it all.

Take a shower. 10 mins max
    Exfoliate and shave underarms, legs and bikini line. 10 mins max
    Wash, dry and style your long un-manageable hair. 20 mins max
    Moisturise. 5 mins max
    Pick a nice outfit that you haven't been seen in lately. 1 min max
    Apply make-up in a precise way so that you don't look like a clown. 10 mins max
    Choose the right accessories: ear-rings, belt, hand bag, shoes to match the outfit you've just picked. 5 mins max

shower=15-30
    shaving waxing or cream=30
    hair=30
    moisturise=15
    nice outfit=15
    make up=30-45
    accessories=15
    extra time.... do u really want to know........

what does this matter though.... where does all that missing time go?

*Pat on head* awww you're so cute!

It takes me over a half an hour to straighten my hair alone! And ONE minute to pick out an outfit?!? Come off it!

NOW you're talking drshortass!

You go gurl!

drshortass wrote:
    shower=15-30
    shaving waxing or cream=30
    hair=30
    moisturise=15
    nice outfit=15
    make up=30-45
    accessories=15
    extra time.... do u really want to know........

shower=15-30 a little excessive... i like having a long shower now and again, but if im meeting somone and have limited time, its gonna be a quick in and out...
    shaving waxing or cream=30 holy jeepers....
    hair=30 i can believe this depending on hair length
    moisturise=15 now come on....
    nice outfit=15 a little excessive...
    make up=30-45 holy cow... batman
    accessories=15now c'mon....

extra time.... do u really want to know YES PLEASE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

shower= done that morning
    shaving waxing or cream=10 mins, lower legs only
    hair=1 min to brush
    moisturise=don't do this
    nice outfit=10 mins
    make up=5 mins - i only put it on eyes and maybe lips
    accessories= don't bother

Ha! I'm like speed racer!

*Pat on head* awww you're so cute!

gurr... yes i am...
    It takes me over a half an hour to straighten my hair alone!

gurr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Take a shower. 5-30 mins depending on whether I'm washing my hair. INCLUDES shaving.
    Exfoliate and shave underarms, legs and bikini line. See above.
    dry and style your long un-manageable hair. 20-40 mins, depending on what I'm doing with it.
    Moisturise. I don't do this.
    Pick a nice outfit that you haven't been seen in lately. 5-15 minutes.
    Apply make-up in a precise way so that you don't look like a clown. 5-15 minutes.
    Choose the right accessories: ear-rings, belt, hand bag, shoes to match the outfit you've just picked. 2 mins.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

To whoever said it can take 45 minutes to put on makeup.
    If it takes you that long, its time to stop using your fingers and buy a trowel.

Oh and Loreal called, they said your not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Take a shower. - Prefer to have a long soak in a bath...15 minutes, but do it the night before/when I get home from work, so n/a
    Exfoliate and shave underarms, legs and bikini line. - Have no underarm hair and do not have hairy legs (plus I am a natural blonde), so n/a
    Dry and style your long un-manageable hair. - Hair is half way down my back so 5 minutes to wash and comb, dry naturally.
    Moisturise. - Don't do this, so n/a.
    Pick a nice outfit that you haven't been seen in lately. - 5 minutes.
    Apply make-up in a precise way so that you don't look like a clown. - 30 seconds for lipstick, the odd time I wear eyeshadow and contacts which add 3 minutes.
    Choose the right accessories: ear-rings, belt, hand bag, shoes to match the outfit you've just picked. - n/a
    15 minutes rounding up excluding bath.

I do like my lipstick, but I take it off if I am kissing someone, would wear a fairly natural colour. I feel more comfortable being myself and feel that makeup is an unnecessary mask - guys do not tend to wear makeup and we have no problem with that - would rather be known for the real me, flaws and all.

And ONE minute to pick out an outfit?!? Come off it!

i find whats closest to the top of the pile and smells the least :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

If you know your going out why not pick out your outfit earlier in the day and not when the taxi is beeping outside the feckin door!!!

this is what happens when she says "I'll be five minutes"

oh yeah greasy lipstick --> gag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

I HATE lipgloss too!

Geeze, Goose, you think you know it all! Yes, girls do look nice when they are tastefully dolled up BUT, if I were single, and I was a few times, I never went for the girl with loads of make up or lippy of any kind on. And some of those girls I've dated were very nice, respectable girls too!

I say, if you've got nothing to prove, then stop! Loads of make-up is not in!

And what about guys getting ready? We have to shave too. We have to style our hair. We also groom our beards/goaties. We also make sure our shirts are nicely pressed (we ARE better masters of the Iron actually), and our trousers clean and straight. Our shoes are buffed. Our accessories light but right (a ring, bracelet, necklace, wristband of some sort maybe, a leather belt), and everything else we do, and I'd say 45 minutes for me, and I look and feel great!

Now, whether anyone else thinks so, is a different matter, but at least we can take the first answer seriously and not keep asking "are you sure?" all the time!

My girl just doesn't understand my needs enough... and she says all she wants is to be loved...

Seanie.

You lot would be surprised about how much Third Echelon knows abot applying make up..

And don't say "you go girl", it will only encourage him and possible cause him to fly into a fit of rage out of jealousy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

Wash hair and wrap up in towel - 5 mins
    Run bath whilst picking outfit and iron same - 10 min
    Bath including shaving legs and underarms (do this everyday so very little to shave), (bikini line waxed at beauticians) - 15mins
    Dry off and mosturise all over - 5 mins
    Make up and clothes on 15 mins
    Straighten hair with GHD - 5 mins
    Total: 55 mins

Re the lipstick - I love it but would take it off for kissing etc.. so agree it looks nice if applied properly but by the end of the night its faded anyway so everyone is happy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement