Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I HATE lipstick!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

now certain girls like to pamper them selfs....
    i use to b the no make up comb hair type of gal but then i changed
    now i like to spend time on myself i'm a very hard working single mum and
    if i want to look my best and feel my best before i go out on a nite i will
    take as long as i want! now i think i'm pretty the guy who at the mo is
    vry close to me thinks i'm beautiful(he's not one of the gay ones)
    he thinks this wit or witout make up he thinks it even wen i'm at my worst
    which most people dont c vry often..... lipstick i like eye shadow i like
    i'm a perfectionist it looks like i wear hardly any make-up my hair is never
    greesy i'm not a tracksuit mum(by the by nothing wrong wit dat)
    i'm a suit and jacket lady i need to look my best
    i even do my make up on the bus in the mornings because i prioritize
    i am never late and the cab doesnt need to beep for me the door is usualy
    open and i'm walking out the door the only time i've ever had the
    car beep is when a male has said "your not wearin that are u??"
    if i wasnt y wud i be downstairs wit my coat on
    disaproving comment means rite i dont feel good now so i'm goona
    change my clothes so plz stop moaning and jst accept it

extra time goes on the things that some girls dont talk about
    use your imagination

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

You lot would be surprised about how much Third Echelon knows abot applying make up..

not a lot it seems....
    And don't say "you go girl", it will only encourage him and possible cause him to fly into a fit of rage out of jealousy.

again? who say what now?

What the hell have you been smoking this morning
    :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

It doens't bother me how long girls take to get ready, I think its good that they spend time getting ready and looking their best if waiting for to go out with a fella
    Time shouldn't be such a factor/problem if you really like someone

Lenny wrote:
    It doens't bother me how long girls take to get ready, I think its good that they spend time getting ready and looking their best if waiting for to go out with a fella

now this guy i like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

I don't think that was from the lipstick love!!! ;)

How you doin!

I'm great! I have no other explanation for that tho! Have u?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

haha, I'm single ladies!

A suitable reply to it would be
    "I'm just after buying a a new dress and its just drop dead beautyful, and I'm doing nothing this weekend, wana take me out?"

Lenny wrote:
    A suitable reply to it would be
    "I'm just after buying a a new dress and its just drop dead beautyful, and I'm doing nothing this weekend, wana take me out?"
    oh come on babe we sudnt have to try
    come on woo us

drshortass wrote:
    oh come on babe we sudnt have to try
    come on woo us

now its only fair if you (as in females, not you in particular) dont have to try, why should we?

Come on woo us....
    :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

drshortass wrote:
    extra time goes on the things that some girls dont talk about
    use your imagination

I'm a girl, and I have no idea what you are talking about.

Enlighten us all with your wisdom.

embee wrote:

perhaps she is talking about 'rubbin one out' before a night on the town???

a bit like a dude should never go out with a loaded weapon...
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

embee wrote:

Um, I have no idea either so I'll guess I'll wait with you Embee for some enlightenment :)

lol
    I've only met a few that would talk to me on a night out insted of it being the other way around and for them to make the first move,
    though you might think of sluts in mind.. well umm.. they kinda were and they wernt but it takes two to tango, but I like girls much better that would talk to a fella walking by etc.

perhaps she is talking about 'rubbin one out' before a night on the town???

a bit like a dude should never go out with a loaded weapon...
    :eek:

haha, thats what i was thinking too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

drshortass wrote:
    ye its true guys only coment wen gurls are dolled up
    but then all they do is give out about it wen there mates are around

Maybe you should consider more the type of guys you're looking for compliments from.

I'll admit i've seen some women out there who I don't even recognise without their makeup - they literally look like an entirely different person (though i'm also sober at this point hehe), but I prefer it when I open my eyes in the morning and see someone who's had all of it removed, and you see how beautiful they really are.

Besides I thought lipstick had fish scales as part of it? Lumpy overdone lipstick and the general greasy texture had always put me off on the stuff, but that put me over the edge. I just don't like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Also, I don't mind how long it takes for a woman to get ready. I kinda like the atmosphere when someone is getting ready. They're taking their time so are pretty relaxed, and that feeling seems to transfer to me. Esp with shower steam and other things.

The only problem I have is when they know they're going to take X amount of hours to get ready then leave it till they don't have enough time. Eg. A girl I used to go out with, any time we were going to go the cinema or something she wasn't overly fussed about, she would wait till the last minute to get ready. We'd always be late. I started reminding her 3 hours before hand to get ready. "Yeah i'll be ready don't worry". An hour passed "yeah i'll be ready don't worry". Half an hour before we have to go she starts getting ready and rushes.

Problem with this - 1) it's the cinema...dark room and nobody's going to be watching. It's also dark outside cause it's late. What's the reason?
    2) She knew hours before hand that she was going and I had reminded her before how long it normally takes her to get ready, yet she ignored it, rushed it, and then appologised for being late.

I guess this just goes down to another case of the fairer sex being the hard to understand sex. Yet I maintain they have more trouble understanding themselves than we do them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Little Goose

Lenny wrote:

Ya know, I really like you!

You may be a "Tallagh Scumbag" (as you call yourself) But you're a DEADLY BUZZ MAN!!!

hmmm well theres many things that u do before u go out that u dnt talk about(y oh y did i evn go there)
    going to the loo....
    playing.(if ur into that type of thing..)
    doing odd things to skin on feet.... i could go on but wont

oh blah..............

u know wat i'm tired very tired and dnt need to xplain the workings of a woman thats what makes us mysterious and enchanting
    i'm beautiful so x my (;)
    love ye's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Bah, Lipstick and Lip gloss, I hate the stuff, all of it!! Can look OK if you have to "doll up" for something special, but if its going out on the pull or just going out that the girl is doing I prefere they have naked lips! I really dont like the texture of the lipstick or gloss.

And it isnt true that I wouldnt take to people unless they were all razzed up, the thing that turns me away is about 5 girls all holding each others hands and in a big circle! :rolleyes:

Luckily I dont have to worry about the above but my GF always buts on lip gloss! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

KittyKat wrote:
    I'm great! I have no other explanation for that tho! Have u?

I am too immature to delve deeper into that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Aaah the txt spk.

It burns, it corrodes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

no,i just like my stick of balm, makes em soft and not sticky or slimy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

Useless Fact #1:

Did you know that on average a woman eats a pound and a half of lipstick in her lifetime?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Imagine how much vaseline we digest so!!!! :o :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

i remember being about 8 or 9 and my sister was having a birthday party but they were going to the cinema first... three young teenagers sat in the back of my dads car and ate.... kiwi limbalm from the body shop as if it was a sweet the jar was clean when they finished.... eyki

Advertisement