Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

newstalk, breakfast show, booooooo

• 11-10-2004 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

i used to like this, when mcwilliams was presenting it. its **** now with dumphy, i mean, he's ok for evening radio, but not first thing in the morning.

newstalk, you messed up!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I dunno, I really liked McWilliams, but I don't think Dunphy's without his charm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Much prefered McWilliams, even Dunphy sounds like a 2nd rate George Hook now. George is a legend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

i think they both resemble that noise thats made when you place the heals of your hands together place them over your wetted lips and blow really hard :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Yeah McWilliams was much better. Newstalk really shafted him over with his treatment. Guy got a show on RTE now at least... Dunphy is ok I guess newtalk figures have gone up 14k or soemthing for that show so I guess they are happy with that.

All the same he is still a retard compared to McWilliams and I'm sure will be praising Roy Keane at every stage possible (Could care less about Keane... just annoying the way he seems to bring it up whenever he can!)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Dunphy's mellowed out too much, he doesn't really attack any of the guests any more, he was much better on The Last Word. Maybe he's just not up for it that early after a night on the town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

In fairness to Dunphy, at least he's dropped his toe-curlingly awful "it's time to go home if you're out, and time to go out if you're home" line. It was funny the first time I heard it. The humour quickly wore off.

I used to listen to McWilliams for at least an hour a day (thank you, Dublin traffic) but now I find that I can't find anything good to listen to in the mornings. I miss him!

Advertisement