Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation event planned for RDS

Options
  • 11-10-2004 2:03pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭

General | 10/10/2004

Sony Computer Entertainment Ireland is to host a ‘PlayStation Experience’ event at the RDS in Dublin on Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 of November.

The PlayStation-only, consumer, showcase format originated in London attached the trade-only event ECTS in 2002. It is now been emulated throughout the world. In keeping with broadening the PlayStation’s image, this year the UK ‘Experience’ event was held at the theme park Alton Towers.

The Dublin based PlayStation Experience is ticketed, but tickets, along with coaches leaving from an impressive twenty locations around the country, are free from the event’s website, or from promotional partners the Star, or 2FM.

Besides distractions in the form of MTV presenters Dave Berry and Emma Griffits as MCs, martial arts, music, and graffiti (apparently it’s art), attendees will have the chance to try games such as ‘EyeToy Play 2’, and the ‘Sims: the Urbz’ to ‘Fightclub’, and ‘the Getaway: Black Monday’ - although to play over 18s games Id is required.

For tickets, and details on times and coaches hop over to http://www.playstationexperience.ie .

(I’m only posting the full article because I wrote it, please keep to the post-part-link-the-rest rule)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Sounds W1k1d m8. Lookin like Gr8 gamez on ps2. Will de guys from gamezville be der coz i wanna meet em and they will loose to my mad skillz lol.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

could be fun. signed up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No games there that I actually want or are out after the event to except Killzone which I think is out before it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Got a pre-release demo of Killzone yesterday and wasn't very impressed at all. I've heard that Black Monday looks terrible too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

website actually says 6 + 7th novemver. ive just ordered 4 tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Thanks!

Ok, that’s the biggest cock-up (if any really) I’ve ever made, now for the excuse – far too many vodkas and red bull, and other drinks on Saturday night still having an effect. I just have to figure out where I got those numbers from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Im THERE!
    Ive been and the 2 London PS Experience Shows in Earls Court (didnt go this year) so im DEF goin should be good and the have all the big games playable that will be out for xmas Sweet!
    :)

monument wrote:
    Thanks!

Ok, that’s the biggest cock-up (if any really) I’ve ever made, now for the excuse – far too many vodkas and red bull, and other drinks on Saturday night still having an effect. I just have to figure out where I got those numbers from.
    i guess your forgiven then ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Ill only go if kevo is going!
    kevomagic.jpg
    But seriously, what was the killzone demo like nekkidbibleman? I didnt expect it to be up to much after all the hyping that went on around it, it couldnt possibly live up to it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

I dont know bout all of ye but id rather play GTA:SA with a few mates. Wouldnt that be funny if the two gamesville gays showed up, and got absouletly bet ****e out of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

*yawn* nothin new to see there.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Most of the previews I've read of killzone say that it has some pretty serious gameplay flaws. However I think the team is listening to the feed back from the previewers and made some changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It's a case of hype raising expectations, as per usual. Killzone is not a bad game, but nor is it the second coming. Had Killzone been released under the radar, it probably would be considered a Cracking game. However, billed as a Halo beater, it was always going to be fighting a losing battle.

(I also note that the game is still a work in progress and there's still plenty of time for things to change. I'm still looking forward to it, at any rate.)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

killzone's demo is based off of 4 month old code, what in the name of god are you expecting with code that's been worked on for 4 months since?

anyway, i've got 2 tickets ordered now and hoping to go purely for games like fight club which i have a low expectation of...
    should be good..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Hmm... While there aren't any games there that I'm dying to play (mostly sequels and rehashes tbh, no surprises really) you really can't complain when the whole thing is free. Impressive on Sony's part also, they seem to be pulling out all the stops with this convention...

Would be nice to get my grubby mitts on a PSP...

I'm such a hypocrit. I got 4 tickets last night in case I was bored on the 6th.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I'm such a hypocrit. I got 4 tickets last night in case I was bored on the 6th.
    hypocrite!

burn at the stake etc...

Will the PSP be there? I'd go then.

:Edit: Doesnt look like it, no mention of PSP on the site anyway. But I notice it sais "special guests"! Gwan the Gamezville boyos!

they'd get lynched!

i hope they show the PSP otherwise it will be a waste of time for me. I'm bringing my lynching toolkit in the hope the gamezville boyz turn up.

• Advertisement

Forget them!

Aertel GameZone letters page. So very entertaining. :p

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p390.htm

WHERE'S THE MAILBAG GONE?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Nothing I really want to see there apart from GTASA and Getaway but they are out just before it if Im not mistaken.Doubt them two idiots from gamezville will be there.I really hate them idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭thebigmc

has anyone got any spare tickets for this thing, the website saays there sold out!! thanks

all mine are used up, sorry. a mate of mine might have 2 spare. ill ask him and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Has anyone recieved their tickets yet or should I be concerned?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Has anyone recieved their tickets yet or should I be concerned?
    I got my tickets on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

yeah i got my four last friday aswell :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i have 2 spare tickets for the afternoon,

• Advertisement

I got mine ages ago. Might have some spare.

Advertisement