Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ferrari Hire

Options
  • 11-10-2004 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Does anybody know where you can hire out a Ferrari for a day? Its for a birthday present. Or if anybody has any suggestions along the same lines as the ferrari please let me know.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

There used to be a company that did (not sure if they had a ferrari but they did have Porsche's and the like)
    It was http://www.beaufortcarrental.com/ but that site doesn't appear to exist anymore. They may not be around anymore though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I'll give you my focus for the day, €400 ono :D

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

ando wrote:
    I'll give you my focus for the day, €400 ono :D

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'd say you'd be robbed renting a supercar in Ireland. I'd be interested in recommendations for supercar rental in the UK though, particularly London. I've heard some awful horror stories about people renting from firms that "discover" issues with the car when it's returned, for a handsome sum, so it'd be nice to find a reputable one for my next trip over.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

beaufort car rental are gone out of business, as far as I knoe there is no where in Ireland that does this kind of thing anymore. I helped a friend of mine look for a Porsche a while ago to no avail

Edit: What about a track day at Mondello? Not the same but could be a good present

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Up north perhaps? Don't know where you'd look though.
    That internet thing maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

Track Day at Mondello might be good alright.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Id be wary of renting an expensive car and putting it on track, especially an open track day where many of those participating are idiots in 300 yoyos. Also your insurance would not be valid on track.

oops just re-read! The PDC (Performance Driving Centre) in Mondello is good craic but over too quickly. I have done it 3 times now (for free!) and loved it but as I said it doesn't go on long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Does anybody know where you can hire out a Ferrari for a day?

It's the UK for you:

Try http://www.classic-car-hire.com/cars/ferrari355.htm

At £600stg for the car for the day, the €40 on ryanair flights won't be too much of a stretch.

Wow, they want £110 a day for a SAAB Convertable, I'll do a much better rate than that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

Why not look at a Caterham track day...IMO, much more fun than wandering around southern England terrified in case someone scratches your rented Ferrari. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

There's a rally driving couse in Monaghan that might be much more fun. Just google it. rallydrivingexperience.ie or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TUTS

Get in touch with Dromoland Castle in Clare, they orginise rental cars for the big sh.its. The cars are stored in Tubertuscaun in Ennis( across the road from Shanahans Paints) Porsche, Mercs, Range Rovers, 8 series Beemers and the like... they were def doing this up until aug.... start of sep. (used to collect a friend from work across from where they store the cars)

TuTs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Zaph0d

Would you be better off getting a cheap flight to Germany and trying it out on the autobahn?
    http://berlin.erento.com/mieten/fahrzeuge_fluggeraete/special_cars/ferrari/
    from €430/day
    Some firms let you pick up a car in Cannes and return in Munich . You could start on the French Riviera, drive it along that James Bond cliff road past Monte Carlo and then take it across the Alps and open up on the Autobahn to finish off. You might manage it in 24 hours. You might die.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Zaph0d wrote:
    ..................................................................................You might manage it in 24 hours. You might die.

But what a way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Borzoi wrote:
    It's the UK for you:

Try http://www.classic-car-hire.com/cars/ferrari355.htm

At £600stg for the car for the day, the €40 on ryanair flights won't be too much of a stretch.

Wow, they want £110 a day for a SAAB Convertable, I'll do a much better rate than that :D

749 per day for a Vanquish

/me drools

And to increase the robbery, they charge extra for anything over 100 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,395 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Zaph0d wrote:
    pick up a car in Cannes and return in Munich . You could start on the French Riviera, drive it along that James Bond cliff road past Monte Carlo and then take it across the Alps and open up on the Autobahn to finish off. You might manage it in 24 hours.

ROFL, you'd make that on a moped in 24 hours ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

unkel wrote:
    ROFL, you'd make that on a moped in 24 hours ;)
    Not in quite the same stile......:)

Advertisement