Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor minder won't mind my phone

Options
  • 11-10-2004 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

I've just been on the phone to Meteor Minder (Meteor's phone insurance service), and because I haven't bought my phone from Meteor and because I bought it over 14 days ago, they say that they are unable to provide me with cover. What kind of service is this?

Does anyone here know how I can go about getting insured now? I am wondering if there is some sort of policy that insures handsets no matter what network they are on i.e. a policy that isn't linked to a network operator?

I'm getting very annoyed with Meteor now. First the roaming thing really bugged me, then they wouldn't set up diverts for me, CS agents continually tell me that they will send a note of my problem to their technical team (problems which are never resolved of course), then there's the issue of Friday night's network outage, and now this.
    As someone said in another thread "You get what you pay for".
    I'm beginning to think this is true. Yeah Meteor are cheaper when it comes to calls, but when it comes to customer satisfaction - I think that they're severely lacking.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Carphone warehouse do a service for any phones i think. At €8.99 a month it ain't cheap but if you claim off it they give you a new phone over the counter, apparently......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

BTW, How much is this phone worth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ferryman

It's a Siemens SX-1, so it's worth quite a bit. Going on holidays on Thurs so really wanted to have it insured before then. God I miss being on bill-pay, all I had to do then was ring up and tell the operator I wanted insurance, and the next thing you know - I was covered.

Anyway, yesterday evening after work I rang Meteor customer care, and according to them - I am entitled to cover. They couldn't understand what the lad from Meteor Minder was crapping on about. The CS rep even checked with her supervisor to make sure. They're sending me out an application form now (in the post by the way, Meteor seem to be years behind the rest when it comes to e-mail and fax), but I still wouldn't hold my breath. Has anyone else had a problem getting insured with Meteor?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Celticwarrior

ferryman wrote:
    It's a Siemens SX-1, so it's worth quite a bit. Going on holidays on Thurs so really wanted to have it insured before then. God I miss being on bill-pay, all I had to do then was ring up and tell the operator I wanted insurance, and the next thing you know - I was covered.

Anyway, yesterday evening after work I rang Meteor customer care, and according to them - I am entitled to cover. They couldn't understand what the lad from Meteor Minder was crapping on about. The CS rep even checked with her supervisor to make sure. They're sending me out an application form now (in the post by the way, Meteor seem to be years behind the rest when it comes to e-mail and fax), but I still wouldn't hold my breath. Has anyone else had a problem getting insured with Meteor?
    The problem i had was with Meteor's insurance agent, i mailed them my application straight after i bought my nokia 6600, and heard nothing, rang them up (this was around the time of the postal strike) and aksed had they got it, they said they didnt know, that because of the backlog they were miles behind, this messing went on for ages, and in the end they said they hadnt recieved it and because the time period for insuring had been exceeded i couldnt get cover. The company that insures them are just contracted by meteor, admittedly they should get a better agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Arggh...i know what your saying meteor are annyoing i called them up today and i was kept holding for nearly 15 minutes!Its good that the call was free otherwise i would be insanly mad with meteor!

• Advertisement
Advertisement