Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Death Of A Superman

• 11-10-2004 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

Actor Christopher Reeve has died.

Reports are that he died while in coma after going into Cardiac Arrest on Sunday, October 10th.

http://supermanhomepage.com/ (click on the S)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

I heard it on sky news this morn.....was gutted!

I think he was an inspiration to all, he never gave up hope of walking again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

sad way to go!!! RIP superman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Thoughts with his family and friends.

Rest In Peace Christopher Reeve, a real legend for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

he was inspirational. R.I.P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Yes,
    Rest in Peace Christopher Reeve.

Thanks for showing us that you should never give up when life throws its own version of kryptonite at you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Doper Than U

So sad.. R.I.P. Christopher Reeves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

:( Amazing how he never gave up his struggle , very sad.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Nothing but respect for that man.
    At first people said it was ironic that superman became paralysed, but then he showed how super he really was when he battled it and provided inspiration to anyone and everyone going through what he went through.

RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

just saturday night I was talking with people about him, and how he could now move his toes and fingers. Didnt his accident happen in Ireland?

poor chris R.I.P :(

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭dinjo

R.I.P Superman aka Christopher Reeves.........

:( Thank you for being an inspiration to us all....You really are a SUPERMAN! :(superman.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

was really surprised at this. I didnt think he was unhealthy (apart from being paralysed of course).Poor family, what a guy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

I was shocked when I heard about this, because I work strange hours I didn't actually hear anything about it until I came home from work this evening (it would have been around 10.30ish)

The guy was an inspiration to many people

Rest in peace Superman, you shall be missed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

he did say he would walk again and apparantly its going to happen, his agent is in talks with a studio to have him cast in return of the living dead part two !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

he did say he would walk again and apparantly its going to happen, his agent is in talks with a studio to have him cast in return of the living dead part two !
    Hilarious. Made in 1988 as well so you might want to update your joke to part 4 or 5 and see if it's any funnier then (I suspect it won't be but I haven't been 12 in a long time)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

well spotted

he did say he would walk again and apparantly its going to happen, his agent is in talks with a studio to have him cast in return of the living dead part four !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ColoradoGal

Maybe his dreams for a cure to spinal cord injuries will come true Somewhere In Time - in the not so distant future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=creeve

While I dont agree with everything in the link above (cos its written to anger the blood), all this talk of HERO makes me sick. YES he was in a terrible accident, but he had **** loads of cash to make his life someway bearable. The real hero is the poor person that is involved in a similar accident, getting their house in order before the sooner than later inevitable.

I wont disagree that he was a good spokesmodel for spinal cord injuries - but hero, I think not. Hero is a word thats overused.

BTW the accident happened in Virginia afaik, during horse riding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Carbiens

LOL maddox ownz joo!!1

that guy is angry :D

Advertisement