Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTSC videos to European PAL format

Options
  • 26-01-2001 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

I have just received an Ingmar Bergman film from the States (Persona never seems to have gotten a proper video release in Europe).
    Now all I have to do is convert the NTSC format to PAL so I can watch it!

Is there anywhere in Ireland this can be done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Hum.
    A lot of VCRs these days can play both NTSC & PAL perfectly (I've got one)... you could always just rent/buy a new video, but then for a single cassette it probably isn't worth it.
    Check with a few friends, see if their VCR can play NTSC, then do a copy from their VCR to yours, the quality could be a bit cràppy though.
    Apart from that I've no idea where you can get one done professionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

There's a shop in town - a dingy little hovel of a place somewhere around the corner from Talbot Street that does conversions from PAL to NTSC and vice-versa. Sorry but that's all the info I have...

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted. -Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968)

Advertisement