Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Suggestion?

• 11-10-2004 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

I have been using esat since april, and was no free trial, I paid for everything, never owe them anything!

I requested for a upgrade to Businese 2MB line as I am working freelance and needing for bandwidth since I have a small home office network, theres a good bit of sharing! but it didnt get very far, till 3 weeks ago, they told me that I have to pay one year up front, thats alot of money, over €2k, so I got on to eircom and they will put me on for just the installation fees and pay direct debit each month. So I call esat and told them the reason why I want to disconnect my account so eircom can put me on, as eircom had called me after a few days already and said that they cant get my 2MB line up untill esat release the line!

so I call esat and told them again, why I want my account disconnected! at first they say I have to pay a cancellation fees, after all the trouble they put me through and all the time they have wasted me!

they told me to put it in writing and email to them, so I did, and the guy said he'll call me back when he gets the email but didn't happen, so I call again 2 days later asking for the manager but no hes busy, so they guy gave me his direct email and he call me back within 30mins, but didnt happen, call again the next day asking for the manager, hes busy again!

so I call today, asking for the manager but only got the supervisor, and she turn around and said to me that they can not cancel my contract at all! this has been going on for weeks about the cancellation!

now she said she'll check with the manager and call me back before 5pm today, now if nothing happens today whats my next step?

I'm thinking about taking this matter to my solicitor as I am very very very pissed off with them!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

at last, first time in months I actually got a call back this time

and she said to me that they are looking in to getting me the 2 MB line and find out why I have to pay a year up front, thats been said before, so I told them no I dont want it, just disconnect it!

and so I was told I have to pay €150 for cancellation fees and takes 5 wokring day, still I have to pay that money after having all the troubles with them.

fine I pay the money, and see what happen in 5 working days after!

Advertisement