Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to cork?

Options
  • 11-10-2004 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭

300 euro heads up this weekend along with a 250FO and a 100rebuy tourny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Which day are the tournaments on? & Which casion are they on in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

The Macau, The heads up is friday and saturday, think the 250 is saturday with the 100 on sunday but thats just a guess its the way the merrion do theirs anyway, the 1500 on saturday an the 150 on sunday

Say hello to the new Heads up Champion!

There was only about 14 entrants, and I got lucky and got a bye to the second round; so I only had to win three games. Myself and the runnerup did a deal before the match, we'd take 1500 each and play for 300 and the trophy. I am now the proud posseser of a large piece of glass! Now all I have to do is decide where to put it.

I won the first game pretty easily, it was over in a couple of hands; but the second dragged on for ages. He was playing very, very tight and it was impossible to get chips out of him. The stucture of the game was quite good, one of the other semi finals dragged on for over an hour! I took him out at the end KQ vs Q10 on a Q high flop. The final was over pretty quickly as well, he started off very aggressive so I played along, calling a raise with A10 and then checkraising all in on a A 9 x flop, he called with 9 10 and there were no nasty surpirses.

The macau is a great club, very friendly atmosphere and some very good looking waitresses! If anyone is in cork they should check it out,

Cheers to Bohsman for the info

Daragh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Nice one Hect0r!

Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Fantastic result well done Hector

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

wp Hector, unfortunately due to this, i won't be giving you a re-match anytime soon :D

More thanks is due to Bohsman, I got to the last three of the €250 Freeze Out and we split it three ways! I was incredibly lucky to get there, I lost a big hand and had 1400 chips left, blinds of 1000 500, so I go all in utg with 23s. Everyone at the table calls, flop is A 2 5, turn x river 2!

I was shortstacked for the entire tournament, and never really got to play much poker. The only decent hands I had for the entire time was 99 (twice) and AK. I lost two of those hands. I kept my stack from going too low by moving all in anytime I thought I had a chance of taking the blinds. At the final table there was a running ante as well as the blinds so the pots were big even with no action. I got called a few times, and every time I would have a hand like 52o or 34s, and be called by KQ or AQ, I won most of these. There were a few comments later that I overheard, basically saying I had no idea what I was doing; but since I had no interest in creeping into the money I was right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

You certainly are on a role atm Hector, wp m8 and keep up the good work up!

I would imagine those bitter comments came mainly from sore mouths

When you are short stacked in a tourney, you do not have the time to wait around for AK or AA.

how may runners were there?

Samba wrote:
    how may runners were there?

About 30 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Fair play Hector ive just started playing heads up on stars so might see you in barcelona. Did you win a ticket for barca?

• Advertisement

bohsman wrote:
    Fair play Hector ive just started playing heads up on stars so might see you in barcelona. Did you win a ticket for barca?

There wasnt enough runners for that

Apologies, there was supposed to be 32 runners but only ended up being 14/15

Advertisement