Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you believe He will come back?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

ferdi wrote:
    people have always had beliefs such as this and yet we have evolved this far....your logic is flawed
    No significant evolution has occurred in the time since religion was invented.

Development, on the other hand has been very much driven by religion and Gods alleged will that all heretics be punished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Development has been driven by religeon?

Yeah, that'd explain the dark ages then...

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Sleepy wrote:
    Development has been driven by religeon?

Yeah, that'd explain the dark ages then...

Education system?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Gurgle wrote:
    No significant evolution has occurred in the time since religion was invented.

What 'significant' and measurable evolution to you expect to occur in the space of 2000 years (taking christianity as the example), given that according to most estimates we diversified from apes between 3 and 8 million years ago?

"Gawdammit, i'm finally able to change channels with my newly evolved forehead mounted infra red gun, and now people want to watch tv on their computers."

impr0v wrote:
    What 'significant' and measurable evolution to you expect to occur in the space of 2000 years (taking christianity as the example), given that according to most estimates we diversified from apes between 3 and 8 million years ago?

"Gawdammit, i'm finally able to change channels with my newly evolved forehead mounted infra red gun, and now people want to watch tv on their computers."

Maybe the primates started praying to everything that didn't eat them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

You have to admit, it's no wonder they crucified him. I mean, here's this guy, claiming to be the Messiah which the Jews thought would be a great and powerful political leader but instead this guy turns up saying he is the Messiah and is a spiritual leader and is not there to free the Jews from Roman rule but to deliver them to this 'kingdom of God' who they had no Idea whether it existed or not. Jesus's interpretation of the word 'Messiah' was completely Different to the Jewish interpretation. He was crucified because he was annoying, quite similar to Socrates, You'd think he would have learnt :rolleyes:

He was crucified because he was annoying
    rofl
    you're going to hell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 samueljones

hey, i see you may be annoyed. but this is not a religious subject, this is all over our lifes...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the son of a god coming back to end the world isn't a religious subject?

wow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

hey, i see you may be annoyed. but this is not a religious subject, this is all over our lifes...
    I think Jesus might be annoyed if he sees that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Gods are always in the image of a man/woman, well in most cases.

i believe that this was done because people needed someone who couldn't be wrong so they gave him/her all the good qualities they wanted, and gave all the bad ones to "satan".

It was also used to explain why things happened. however science is killing religion because with each new discovery, religions are proved wrong.

Nowadays we don't need "God" because we don't need to have guidance. we made ourselves our own gods. we also don't wonder why the sun sets so we don't need stories of flaming chariots.

ps the Christian faith turned God into a pussy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

He's right you know...

jesusc.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Amazingly, Jesus is a bridge!!!

step4.jpg

Could that mean he's the 2nd West Link bridge? Is he pocketing all the tolls?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

So He has returned! Just in a slightly less interesting capacity than we were lead to believe. He's a bridge! So much makes sense now...

My thinking? The whole crucifixion thing was just the culmination of one of the greatest last minute catches ever.

"Mary..."
    "Yes Joseph?"
    "Don't take this the wrong way..."
    "But...?"
    "You seem to look a bit..."
    "Oh for Jahwehs sake Joseph, spit it out!"
    "Alright fine. I think yer up the duff. Happy? And I know I'm not the father..."
    "Oh. Right. That. Yes. Well... there's a very good explanation...really..."

Advertisement