Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time Fades Away - Neil Young

Options
  • 11-10-2004 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Been listening to this album again recently. Astonishing album. Part of the "dark" trilogy with On The Beach and Tonight's The Night. The only way to get the album unfortunately is either to track down a vinyl, or get a bootleg of it. The album was recorded live during the tour following the release of Harvest (i think), there was loads on fighting with the band demanding more money, bad vibes, big stadiums. The album is a little ragged (but in a good way IMHO), but Neil won't allow its re-release now, its a shame, so many people won't hear it. Some of the songs on it are easily equals of some of the On The Beach stuff....

*edit* oh and apparently it was the inspiration for REM's New Dventure in HIFI

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

On the beach is one of my all time favorites been triying to track down a bootleg of time fades away for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Been listening to this album again recently. Astonishing album. Part of the "dark" trilogy with On The Beach and Tonight's The Night. The only way to get the album unfortunately is either to track down a vinyl, or get a bootleg of it. The album was recorded live during the tour following the release of Harvest (i think), there was loads on fighting with the band demanding more money, bad vibes, big stadiums. The album is a little ragged (but in a good way IMHO), but Neil won't allow its re-release now, its a shame, so many people won't hear it. Some of the songs on it are easily equals of some of the On The Beach stuff....

*edit* oh and apparently it was the inspiration for REM's New Dventure in HIFI

it's one of my favourite Neil Young albums. Have seen CDR copies in Borderline but a vinyl copy is not that difficult to pick up.

I got mine about 10 years ago for £2 - and it came with the original lyric sheet poster. Along with Journey Through The Past, it's the only Neil Young LP that remains unreleased on CD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Derek

Please chrck your PM's

Advertisement