Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Incoming calls on Meteor

• 11-10-2004 6:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

I've been unable to receive calls on Meteor since Friday. People who ring me get a engaged tone or out of service tone not even the message minder! After much ringing to Meteor it still isn't fixed. Their now saying that it is effecting Meteor customers roaming on O2. Anyone else on O2-Meteor having the problem. It took them 3 days to tell me that much. I can even receive calls when roaming on Orange in the North, it's just when I go back to O2 - Meteor it messes up.

Comments

Yes I'm having this problem too, but since Thursday. Been on to Customer Care about five times regarding it. I was thinking it was just me, maybe a SIM fault, but obviously not now.

Where in the country are you? I'm in Listowel, Co. Kerry and like yourself it only happens when roaming on O2. I'll be in Dublin for the next few days so I won't need to worry in the meantime.

P.S. I had Call Divert enabled to send the calls to an O2 mobile. Got a call this morning - lasted 17 minutes - the divert cost me €10! I should claim it back from Meteor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

Well I've probably been having the problem since Thursday too but it was Friday before someone mentioned they couldnt get through to me. Anyway I'm in Donegal. I switched to Meteor cause of their cheap roaming rates. I can send a text on Orange UK for 9c. I'm having no problems receiving calls when I'm on Orange it's just when I come back into O2. Seems like their having a good few problems setting up this O2 roaming agreement. First the people couldn't ring 1741 to top-up, now they cant receive calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ferryman

Kevinmc,
    Are Orange UK really that cheap for sending texts? I thought all texts when roaming were charged at around €0.30?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

ferryman wrote:
    Kevinmc,
    Are Orange UK really that cheap for sending texts? I thought all texts when roaming were charged at around €0.30?

Yea there only 9c if your texting an Irish mobile on Orange UK. Texting a UK mobile costs 15c while on Orange UK, extremely cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

If its true what your saying that Orange UK are really that cheap when roaming,then what O2 & Vodafone say when travelling to the uk or ni to choose their uk network is utter rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Jamie8292

When I moved to meteor in April, I had this problem for 6 days. I couldn't receive phone calls or texts for a whole 6 days. They continued to blame Vodafone for the first 4. I then rang Vodafone to ask if they knew what was going on. They said they had no idea what Meteor were talking about.

I rang Meteor back and told them this. They eventually admitted it was them all along. :rolleyes:

Still, free texts! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ferryman

tipperaryboy,
    Just because Orange in the UK charge Meteor customers €0.09 when roaming on their network doesn't mean that they charge Voda and O2 customers the same thing. Roaming partners can have a different pricing structure depending on what network the roaming agreement is with - for example - Voda charge Meteor customers €0.75 per minute for a call back to Ireland, while the charge to O2 Ireland customers is different.

Kevinmc,
    Are you sure Orange only charge €0.09? According to Meteor, they charge €0.30/€0.35 per message. Would it be possible that the €0.09 represents the Meteor portion of the overall charge, and that the roaming part hasn't been added in yet (Meteor billing doesn't take place in real-time for calls made when roaming).

Advertisement