Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

So I passed my test, with only getting 4 grade 2 in observation.

Options
  • 11-10-2004 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

And I cut out doing my turnabout but still did it in 3.

I seriously thought I had picked up a grade 3 because I stopped about an inch over the stop line at one turn.

I did it in churchtown.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I purposely think he gave me a really str8 road back to the test centre so i would not pick up more grade 2. Anyway, thats a grand and a half saved.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

cheesedude wrote:
    And I cut out doing my turnabout but still did it in 3.
    They don't say "do a 3 point turn" they say "turn the car around" if it's a bigger car it's ok to do it in 5

Just make sure to renew it in 10 years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Congrat's. My wife failed last week. I sort of thought she might, when she nearly crashed on the way to the test centre. I kid you not! :eek:

I really thought I would have failed. I had a two hour lesson this morning before my 4:30 test and I was making an arse of the little things like not looking left and right a lot at turnings and not maintaining my position on the left. I was pretty pissed off afterwards as I started thinking it just may not be my time or whatever...

I went into the exam really uneasy and picking up a grade two from not knowing the rules of the road didn't go down too well either.

But was not to be. I passed. If I have advice to give, it is to study every single sign like the back of your hand, I could not have gotten off to a worse start in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I failed up in churchtown last week :( so according to QDs quote thats 1100 extra. Definitely deserved to fail though :p

fair play cheesedude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

ding wrote:
    Congrat's. My wife failed last week. I sort of thought she might, when she nearly crashed on the way to the test centre. I kid you not! :eek:

On the day of my mother's driving test, she reversed out of the driveway and ran over my kid sister who was 3-4 at the time. She passed her test first time. I don't think she'd pass it now though...

cheers lads.

I had an excellent instructor though if anyone wants it. Really got me spot on with everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

If it makes anyone who has failed feel any better, I know someone who was told they failed their test for:

"Grossly negligent and dangerous driving" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I failed my first test for driving the whole thing without a seatbelt, running a stop sign and not knowing the correct hand signals. I was nervous after having handed the tester my provisional license (which I used as a wallet) and a picture of my gf and a jonny fell out on his desk....

'c

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I presume you are thking the yellow liquid ceptor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

kbannon wrote:
    I presume you are thking the yellow liquid ceptor!

For a change I'm actually not. I did my test in Waterford in April '86 and handed the tester my licence without taking all the garbage out of it. He was unimpressed, I turned into a ball of nerves and it went downhill from there, culminating in me driving straight across a junction at the top of Ballybricken without stopping and the tester nearly having a heart attack.

I have since passed my test, however that hour in the grey Metro ranks up there as one of the worst moments in my life.

'c

Well done cheesedude BTW!!

Advertisement