Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Judo Club

Options
  • 11-10-2004 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭

Neglected to ask at the stalls when I joined what time the judo training is at.. Kev, Boston? Yis be able to inform me of these.. Nice one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Said that an email would go around. Three times a week. twice in a squash court (not to keen on this) and once in the main hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Neglected to ask at the stalls when I joined what time the judo training is at.. Kev, Boston? Yis be able to inform me of these.. Nice one.

(unrelated)

I'm bloody knackered after today. I'm gonna try and be in bed for around 9-10ish tonight..feck's sake, I fell asleep (twice!) in maths with that Claas Rover dude. And there's that faculty ball thing tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Boston wrote:
    Said that an email would go around. Three times a week. twice in a squash court (not to keen on this) and once in the main hall.

Wasn't aware of any email, prob cos kev signed me up. There is no chance that I will be attending any training sessions in the squash courts.. It's just not right. I'll prob head down to Kevin st club if I feel the need to train more than once a week, wont at the beginning cos I be seriously unfit at present..

Pet you have Claas Rover!!?? You poor poor boy... I pity you so much. Not only can he not teach, he has a habit of messing up the exams. The chap has had so many complaints against him from the student body, the SU and the faculty. For the schols last year he had to re-mark ALL of his papers as people were getting ridiculously lower marks in his course than the other two maths courses. In the resits he I hear he completely changed the layout of his paper and removed a question so the students had to answer 8 out of 9 instead of 8 out of 10 questions.

Who do you have for 1S2 btw?

When I heard about the squash courts again I decided to give it a miss, though I signed up anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Pet you have Claas Rover!!?? You poor poor boy... I pity you so much. Not only can he not teach, he has a habit of messing up the exams. The chap has had so many complaints against him from the student body, the SU and the faculty. For the schols last year he had to re-mark ALL of his papers as people were getting ridiculously lower marks in his course than the other two maths courses. In the resits he I hear he completely changed the layout of his paper and removed a question so the students had to answer 8 out of 9 instead of 8 out of 10 questions.

Who do you have for 1S2 btw?

Oh great. I drop geog for full maths, and now it seems I'm screwed that way too. :D

As for IS2...I actually fell asleep today when Timoney was giving the timetable, so I ain't so sure..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

Again just to clarify, it was never the intention nor the ambition for the judo club to train in judo in a squash court (DUCAC calls it a Training Hall (?????)).

The college seems to have the attitude that judo is like karate or something and we jsut stand in a line and kick air and it doesnt matter about the dangerously close walls, the broken mirrors and all that. This isn't the place to fully vent our frustration with DUCAC and it's staff.

Anyway, the lads are doing their absolute best to try and get at least one proper training time in the main hall with our coach but it appears that early signs are proving promising.

Finally, for the next week or two (hopefully not more) there will be no training in Trinity Facilities. All people are welcome to come down to DIT Kevin Street for 6.30 o'clock training on Tuesday and and 20:00 Thursday.

DIT unlike triinity don't bother swiping cards, strip searching and scanning for bomb making equipment like it's more prestigious (in the eyes of americans) universal big brother.

Just to confirm, all are welcome to this training, I'll be out side the Hamilton steps at 18:00 to meet anyone interested in coming.

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

i found out yesterday i have claas for 2s1 :( grrr...
    Originally posted by ApeXaviour:
    For the schols last year he had to re-mark ALL of his papers as people were getting ridiculously lower marks in his course than the other two maths courses. In the resits he I hear he completely changed the layout of his paper and removed a question so the students had to answer 8 out of 9 instead of 8 out of 10 questions.
    seriously? and ill be relying on maths if i decide to do the schols :(

god im really not liking this week so far, my timetable is crap :(

btw i think ill be moaning on here for a while guys so yez can ignore me if ye want ;)

6 o clock Front arch anyone want to do judo tonight.

Ah yeah but yis now have Brenno for the new 2s5 or something which will more than make up for it cos he's jus' dedly. "alrigh' now, dis is a vectar. A vectar has no defoyned prosition"
    6 o clock Front arch anyone want to do judo tonight.

I won't be goin down today. Got some cold thing.. Its a bich

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

seriously? and ill be relying on maths if i decide to do the schols :(

god im really not liking this week so far, my timetable is crap :(

btw i think ill be moaning on here for a while guys so yez can ignore me if ye want ;)

meh if ye get a crap lecturer, just drop into the maths dept find a random lecturer and ask yer questions, ye'd be surprised how helpfull they are.

ahh schols, this time last year i'd such great plans of doing those, then came the not going to college n snowboarding when they were on :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

Originally posted by ApeXaviour:
    "alrigh' now, dis is a vectar. A vectar has no defoyned prosition"
    yeah he's brilliant, had him last year- was sooo glad when i saw his name on 2s5!

anyways hope yez enjoyed your judo :)

judo was actually excellent thou nobody from boards not even dec showed up :-GRR. but hopefully next week we'll be on campus so no excuse. just a casual reminder that the judo clubs welcomes players of all levels of expereience, age, genders and shoe size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 iamahamroll

When and where do you guys train

wednesday 5-7 main hall in luce.

But I'll confirm here if that goes ahead next week.

:-)

judo judo judo

Hey everybody,

Judo is on this wednesday in the main hall in luce at 17:00. Try and come, all are welcome. any more info needed reply here or pm me.

judo judo judo

Aye kev I'm def goin, and I'm bringin my mate.. Not arsed replyin to your text. :D

This was the email sent around:
    Hello everyone and welcome to the TCD judo club.

Firstly my apologies for the delay in the commencing
    of training as we have had various issues within the
    club which have delayed training, fortunately most of
    these issues have been resolved at this stage.

Training will commence this wednesday the 20th October
    in the Luce Sports Hall on the main sports hall at 5pm
    and will last until roughly 6.50pm.

The first session will consist mainly of an
    introduction to the sport and breakfalling techniques,
    followed by the basics of throwing and groundwork
    techniques. These are the basics of judo and
    imperative to know for both safety and for performing
    future techniques properly.

You should wear tracksuit bottoms and a rugby jersey
    if you have one, but it doesn't matter too much for
    the first few sessions if you don't.

For any experienced players who are new to our club,
    we will not be doing any randori or advanced
    techniques but we would appreciate if you would come
    along and help with the introduction for the
    beginners.

I hope to see you all on wednesday,
    Graham Ruddle
    TCD Club Captain 2004.
    Lmao, I like the way it was also sent to Guy Incognito <123adress@hotmail.com> :p

Bugger, wednesday night is swing dancing night, won't be able to make it :mad:

I didn't know there was swing dancing. I thought it was only salsa dancing. WHich is on at 7.. you could do both if it was that..

Not in trinity, do it outside with afew friends. Metro pub on a wednesday if your interested.

Ah boston you missed a great session.. Absolutely fantastic, everybody was so happy and enthusiastic and it was in the main hall. Top class, great fun, worked meself to near collapse, great judo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 leewr

I am tyring to find out what Dublin Judo club uses the logo below and I wondered if any visitors happen to know?

judologosmall.jpg

Sorry to hijack your thread but I am desperate for some help! Hope someone may be able to assist or point me in the right direction!

Regards :)

thats tae kwon do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 leewr

thats tae kwon do.

Wow!! That was mega quick!!

Sorry I know nothing about Tae Kwon Do so did not realise. Is that a universal logo or is it perhaps for a paricular club?

Thanks again for putting me straight! Saves me looking down the wrong road any longer.

well id dont know why ur doing an inspector gadget on this but if ur trying to track something dwon using that pic. good luck to ya

leewr wrote:
    Wow!! That was mega quick!!

Sorry I know nothing about Tae Kwon Do so did not realise. Is that a universal logo or is it perhaps for a paricular club?
    Was the fact that it says taekwondo on it not a clue that it had to do with tae kwon do?

Since it says in the picture you provided "taekwondo approved" on it. It would lead me to think that it's a tag from a piece of equipment rather than specific to any particular club.

Advertisement