Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Coverage Map for Ireland

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

watty wrote:
    Ah.. I can open Photoshop RASTER files, but not Photoshop VECTOR files, not with PSP7. Maybe with something else though.

No I can open Photoshop files with up to 20 layers and transparency too. But only in raster format.

All de-vectorised -> http://www.comwreck.com/downloads/dsl_coverage_map_v3_no_vector.psd

The layer effects are now as rasterised layers with a clipping mask, so if PSP doesn't support clipping masks I can flatten that too, but it won't look the same then.

thanks for your patience,
    P.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Strangely "Drawing" in Open Office 2.x will open it. With PSP7 I can preview it, but it doesn't load.

The joys of Computing. Anyway, don't change it any more. Now I can see the style of thing I have some ideas.

Adding a layer for known quality Wireless cover (non-ripwave) and basic cover (ripwave) would be interesting but quite hard to get the accurate info.

I have SW that will plot wireless coverage taking into account terrain, but I'm only using SRTM data as our own OS will charge €300,000 just for one area Limerick sized. The SRTM is only 100m resolution, so give fairly accurate results for FM Radio or DAB. Not bad for UHF TV and poor for 2.4GHz / 3.5Ghz. Very inaccurate for 10GHz, though if it says there is NO coverage, it is probabily true.

One needs to know mast location, TX powers, Sector aerials used (and hieght on mast of them) and receive sensitivity/CPE aerial etc.

I think Google earth also uses SRTM. Putting a marker on Base and desired client and then measure tape, then rotate view and see if bases is still visible is a basic test anyone can do for LOS. Accentuate the vertical by x3 in preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

I'm going to see can anyone on the volunteers list do this as nobody here seems to have time to do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

drat they all have to change now, the circles are 10km across since yesterday where they are 9km across on the map .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

Sponge Bob wrote:
    drat they all have to change now, the circles are 10km across since yesterday where they are 9km across on the map .
    Did they extend from 4.5 km to 5 km line length?
    We had been generous anyway, I think to remember: Line length only gives an indication of the resulting geographical DSL coverage area.
    P.

• Advertisement
Advertisement