Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Green Day Gig

• 11-10-2004 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Green day have announced a gig for the 31 of January 2005. In the point. Tickets on sale Friday 15 of October. (€35)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭flyinfishmonkey

Yeah so I heard on 2FM tonight... Can't wait!!! Will be one of the first in the queue. At least it will be a little easier to get a ticket this time cos they went for a bigger venue..! They should play a couple of nights though cos they would still sell them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

gotta go!! should be brill.. need somethin to look forward to post Christmas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

After the Ambassador gig last August which was fupping (was watching Father Ted earlier) amazing!..

Everyone, my advice is best be up early Friday morning to get tickets. I'd expect to sell out in 45 minutes at the latest.

Was lucky to get those tickets for the Ambassador. Can't wait to hear the new stuff live!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I read that tickets are on sale on saturday here http://www.nme.com/news/110144.htm

Ticketmaster have nothing about it, can't wait though!!!

Where did you hear friday??
    There's nothing on greenday.com either??? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

hmmmm, its in the point so it proably wont be as good as the ambass but i'll still go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Don't know how this could compare to the Ambassador show...

I'll probably just go round on the day and get a cheap ticket (I doubt it'll sell out). If I do turn out to go, I hope we get a more different set.
    Originally posted by Bungalow Bill
    I read that tickets are on sale on saturday here http://www.nme.com/news/110144.htm

The tickets that are on-sale Saturday are for the UK shows. MCD says that the Dublin date goes on-sale Friday.

Ticketmaster have nothing about it, can't wait though!!!

There's nothing on greenday.com either??? :confused:

On MCD.ie, they've all the information up about it!

They posted a load of new UK dates today but the official site is rarely updated!

Tickets from E35.

Was at The Ambassador gig also. Don't think it'll beat the intimacy of that with the small crowd there but i can't wait to hear the new stuff live!

Don't know how this could compare to the Ambassador show...

I'll probably just go round on the day and get a cheap ticket (I doubt it'll sell out). If I do turn out to go, I hope we get a more different set.
    Of course we'll get a different set - 'American Idiot' is selling really well right now. They're bound to play a lot of stuff of that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

the last green day gig i was at in the point was one of the most drunk times of my life, the gig is a total blank, i only remember patchs....my hangover the next day is the stuff of legends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

****ing respect to greenday for coming back so soon. im begining to warm to american idiot, and ive somethin to look forward to now.

/me thinks about selling blink 182 ticket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I'd say it will sell out, American Idiot has gone gold in Ireland and Green Day are bigger than ever thanks to the album so theres a good chance it will sell out, am sending the ould one out early friday morning to get them she better get them!

What time will ticketmaster be open???

Ticketmaster outlets open at 9am, as far as i know!

They'll be on sale from opening time, i'd say!

If you have access to a credit card, buy 'em online from:

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/cgi/asp_events/byid.asp?event_id=1800394DAB9CC6ED&category=CONCERTS

PS - By the way, for those who don't know, support for the gig is Sugarcult (and possibly New Found Glory)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

basquille wrote:
    PS - By the way, for those who don't know, support for the gig is Sugarcult (and possibly New Found Glory)
    Really? Jesus. It's nowhere near as good as last time. And fairly poppy. They'd be easy enough to watch and would probably be semi-entertaining, but it certainly could be better...

Ro: maaan! wrote:
    Really? Jesus. It's nowhere near as good as last time. And fairly poppy. They'd be easy enough to watch and would probably be semi-entertaining, but it certainly could be better...
    Yeah, not exactly great support for the gig alright!

Just know 1 Sugarcult song, 'Bouncing Off The Walls', and a couple of New Found Glory songs (. Sugarcult would probably be the better support of the two though as even though New Found Glory have a lot more hits under their belt, their songs are more poppy (and radio-friendly) - i wouldn't expect much out of their live show.

But to hell with it, The Ambassador didn't even have support (unless you include the piss*d bunny!) and it was still a fantastic gig!

basquille wrote:
    Yeah, not exactly great support for the gig alright!

Just know 1 Sugarcult song, 'Bouncing Off The Walls', and a couple of New Found Glory songs (. Sugarcult would probably be the better support of the two though as even though New Found Glory have a lot more hits under their belt, their songs are more poppy (and radio-friendly) - i wouldn't expect much out of their live show.

But to hell with it, The Ambassador didn't even have support (unless you include the piss*d bunny!) and it was still a fantastic gig!
    I only know the one Sugarcult song too. Quite like it. In fact I wouldn't mind seeing them. But I'd still choose Bouncing Souls over them any day. (At least I get to see them at the Dropkicks gig.) It was New Found Glory that I was really talking about. Not a big fan of any of their stuff I've heard. They could easily be boring to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭country_gurl

does anyone know what time it'll be roughly on at??? its on a monday and i cant miss college on mondays cuz of work experience but i want tooooooooooo gooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Prozium

I went to the one in the Ambassador a couple of weeks ago, BLOODY AMAZING GIG. I've seen them everytime they were here and I have to say that I have been disappointed when they play the Point. There is something about the big venue that doesn't suit their style.

Best gig was the SFX in 98.

I'll get tickets for the one in the Point because if I don't I'll probably regret it.

does anyone know what time it'll be roughly on at??? its on a monday and i cant miss college on mondays cuz of work experience but i want tooooooooooo gooooooooo
    Doors will probably open at half 7. If there are two support bands Green Day won't be on until about half 9 or after. Otherwise they'll be on at around 9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Sugarcult and New Found Glory are really shíte.

Can't find any source to back up Sugarcult as support, I know both them and New Found Glory are supporting Green Day on their US tour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Trev C

Think that Sugarcult rumour is unture. Checked their website, and they are beginning their own US tour on 2nd Feb. The Green Day tour (european leg) starts 11th of Jan and continues to 10th feb in UK so unlikely they will be over here for on 31st Jan.
    By the way - saw Sugarcult support Blink 182 last nite. Didnt like them before saw them last nite but they did put on a fairly decent show. Still wont lose much sleep they wont be at Green Day gig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

sugarcult were ok last nite, no great shakes. doubt they'll be back supporting greenday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shivface

sugarcults album is way better, they were **** last night

Anyone find out who is support for Green Day in point?

Trev C wrote:
    Anyone find out who is support for Green Day in point?
    It's looking like New Found Glory.

I posted here a week or two back that Sugarcult were confirmed to be supporting.. but New Found Glory are supporting them on their UK dates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭latimer

I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that Simple Plan were supporting in Dublin

latimer wrote:
    I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that Simple Plan were supporting in Dublin
    Sorry... yeah, i meant i confirmed on here that Simple Plan were supporting a week or two back.

Think it's between Simple Plan and New Found Glory.. but if i was a betting man, i'd put my money on New Found Glory supporting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭MrBigglesworth

I'm gonna see them here in Dusseldorf on Thursday, will let yas know what the vibe is. Tickets only €23 here. Which was nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 nmrd600

i had to go to school when tickets were on sale. i was anxious all day. the answer, as usual, was: dads rock :D

now i, and i do hate to quote cliches, can't wait! :D

• Advertisement

Saw them last night, bloody great show. Had everything. New Found Glory supported and were really good actually. Green Day are on another planet though. Fireworks, amazing lighting, crowd participation, singalongs and a really entertaining gig all around.
    Play a great set-list too.

Post up the set list? Or what you can remember from it...

started off with american idiot, then jesus of surbabia then holiday
    cannae remember exact set but amongst others played she, when i come around, wake me up when september ends, king for a day, are we the waiting, longview, boulevard, operation ivy song where they take kids up on the stage to play the song, we are the champions by queen complete with streamers exploding on to the corwd and finishing off with Time of your life by Billy on his own.

Sounds good. Except for ****in' Queen again. I figured they'd start off with those two songs alright. Can't wait to hear Jesus Of Suburbia live. That will be an experience.

Ro: maaan! wrote:
    Can't wait to hear Jesus Of Suburbia live. That will be an experience.

Can i get an Amen?!? :D Should be f**king amazing live!

I also hope 'Time Of Your Life' will be performed this time round... i think everyone expected it at The Ambassador.

Ah, can't say I did. It was really more of them playing what they wanted, and playing stuff they don't usually play at the Ambassador. I certainly didn't miss it. They'll definitly play it at the Point gig though. This is the proper tour date. Which suits me down to the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

Can I get another Amen? (Amen!)
    There's a flag wrapped around the score of men (Hey!)
    A gag, A plastic bag on a monument

holiday is the prefect live sing along greenday song imo

not long now :D

Well, that pretty much confirms the support..

http://www.newfoundglory.com/events/
    1/31/2005
    Show Dublin, IR Ireland / The Point
    with Green Day
    See you all in The Point in a weeks time! :D

Found full setlist from Amsterdam on 12th Jan.

American Idiot
    Jesus Of Suburbia
    Are We The Waiting
    St. Jimmy
    Wake Me Up When September Ends
    Holiday
    Basket Case
    She
    Minority
    Geek Stink Breath
    Walking Contradiction
    Stuck With Me
    King For A Day
    Longview
    Boulevard Of Broken Dreams
    When I Come Around
    Brain Stew
    Jaded
    Hitchin' A Ride

and encore was

We Are The Champions
    Time Of Your Life

Pretty similar to one in London that NME have up. But without Knowledge. Odd...

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭hannable80

any one feel lonely at the gig , ill be there on my own too.... :( .i be the tall drunk blonde haired guy proping up the bar.......prob will be in the mosh pit then killing all the teeny bopers , when i get enough drink that is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

hannable80 wrote:
    prob will be in the mosh pit then killing all the teeny bopers , when i get enough drink that is

i just *can't* understand why you'll be there on your own . . . please tell??

That set list the encore is a bit diabolical, should switch queen with hitchin a ride

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 malin782

he y hannable80, im gonna be at the gig aswell on my own :( because my bro is sick.About what time will u b headin out?Are u goin to the support act? call me on the night, around 7.30 on 0861727718

Malin..

I wouldn't post your phone number for everyone to see like this. Just a tip.

Can one of the mods please edit the post to remove his / her phone number?

PS - will see all you fellow Boards.ie-er's at the bar on the night? :D Let's face it... we should probably skip New Found Glory.

Think I'll watch them in the hope that they play their cover of "Time After Time". (At least I think it's them. Never was 100% sure.) It's brilliant anyway. The bar in the point is (was for Blink 182, assuming it'll be the same on Monday) over 21s. It's kinda ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

anybody know why its half six doors and what time it'll wrap up at in that case??

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lunacyfoundme

going to greenday tomorrow. super psyched. was one of the lucky ones to see them in the ambassador last august. they totally kicked ass. looking forward to a bigger show now tomorrow.

somebody posted something about the bars being over 21s. wouldnt worry about it went to see audioslave there before there were frickin 14 years olds running around the lobby with pints.

cant wait. this is going to rock the proverbial socks off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

anybody know why its half six doors and what time it'll wrap up at in that case??

It'll wrap up at 9:30, so all the kids will be home in bed by the time its over. I got my real fix at the Ambassador a few months back, no kids, great set, good night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭latimer

I still don't have a ticket. My masterplan is to flash my stub from the Ambassador gig and hope that the security guard is a bit slow. Wish me luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

go to bed! :p

Ah it was a good gig but what the fock was the story with the pit?? I was there from 4 o' clock and didn't get into the huge pit, a joke. Apparantly they were given out earlier in the day, how the fock was I supposed to know that?
    Bastards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement