Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Benitez letter to Liverpool E-Season holders. Discuss

• 11-10-2004 11:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭

I one thing I thought after Houlier left was that there would be a bit of honesty. I was sick and tired of Houlier talking rubbish when the team played bad. I recieved this a few days ago!

Subject: Maybe in one or two months we will be a lot better
    Date: Mon, Oct 04, 2004 2:28 pm
    To: "Liverpool FC Fan List" <fanlist@liverpoolfc.tv>

Dear Liverpool supporter,

In my opinion the last two away games we were bad against Manchester United and Olympiacos. On Sunday we were strong and we had good opportunities. I also felt we controlled the game at times but when you do that you need to score a goal.

We had a lot of free-kicks in good positions but didn't make the most of them but I felt we were better against a good side in Chelsea. Of our last three away games, two of them have been against the best three sides in the Premiership in Chelsea and Manchester United.

I was happy with the five changes I made and I played Harry up front because I wanted us to keep the ball in attack. I thought Harry played very well.

We are playing well at home but we need to start winning away from home. The players are working hard in training and maybe in one to two months we will be a lot better.

Regards,

Rafael Benitez
    Liverpool Manager

Was I watching a different match? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Heck, he did'nt write that, some PR pup did over a cafe latte! :D

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I know that, but I'd sack that PR team quick. I think we all know that things are going to take a bit of time and thats fair enough, but give the fans some credit at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Who's this Harry he is talking about ? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Houllier's e-mails looked like they were actually written by him (or someone at LFC.TV) but this year all they've done so far is taken Rafa's comments after each match and e-mailed them out (listen to his post match interviews - the e-mails are more or less word for word). I assume this is because of the quality (or lack thereof) of his english.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Do people pay to recieve that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

If Benitez is happy to have that kind of crap sent out to Liverpool supporters in his name then he's less of a manager/person than I think he is. It looks more like an ill informed quick reply someone might post on a bulletin board than the considered opinion of a manager who hopes to win trophies.

Do people pay to recieve that?

I got it as a present. I don't think its worth the money myself. £40-50 STG I think. They do live commentry on the some of the games and you can pull down video of the goals etc but that's about it.

leeroybrown I agree with you. Puts out a bad opinion of Benitez. I just want a manager that will say that the team played crap when they obviously have. As I said honesty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Me thinks he is HooHoo MKII ;) -

What a load of rubbish. As somone said it wasn't probably written by him but it has been sent in his name so he is responsible.

ding wrote:
    I got it as a present. I don't think its worth the money myself. £40-50 STG I think.
    :D Wasn't a jibe aimed at you - just the letter seems fairly unprofessional which I guess it may if it's somebodies opinions expressions in a non fluent language.

I don't think it's a case of, as some people are suggesting, that Raffa is allowing his name to be attached to the comments of a random PR person - as already pointed out he has already expressed these opinions in interviews.

Perhaps it would make for a more informative mail if Rafa sat down and wrote and/or dictated it in Spanish and then had it translated - perhaps it would be more informative...

As it stands the value of the e-season ticket is further undermined given the amount of televised games Liverpool are going to have between now and the new year - I think there is something like five games in a row on the box over Christmas!

Wasn't a jibe aimed at you
    I know that pp. No offense taken. :D Didn't know that many games were going to be on the box. That's good news anyway. Heading over to the Birmingham game in a few weeks myself so hopefully the team will have gell'd a bit better by then.

• Advertisement

ding wrote:
    Didn't know that many games were going to be on the box.
    Liverpool top the Christmas TV schedules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

I cant belive people pay to read that stuff :confused:

Advertisement