Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most Important Decision

• 11-10-2004 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

Over the course of our lives we make millions of little decisions which when combined dictate the direction your life will take.

My question is:

what decision that you have made has had the most profound effect on your life?

whether the effect of this decision was good or bad, i think its an intersting topic.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

hmm... so far its probably been the decision to over look a perticular course that would have suited me when I was doing my LC (which was a PLC so wasnt points based). I didnt get the points I wanted, and when I applied for the 2nd round of interviews for the said course it was full. This meant I had to take the year off (which I didnt really want to) and get a job.
    At the time I felt like it was the worst thing that could have ever happened to me, now I look back and see that I got a good job, made some great friends and started the course a year later and was surrounded by some truely great people. Had I gotten in first time around I doubt I would have enjoyed myself half as much as the class just didnt seem like my kind of people. I grew up a lot in the year off, learned a lot and did a lot, God knows life could have been so amazingly different had I not made what seemed like a stupid mistake!!

flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Perhaps quitting my job in a paranoia induced hissy fit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭eoin_f

emm, is always a bit of a battle to find/search out a decision that has made a profound effect. for me it has to have ben making a move into the family business i am in now woth my dad and brother, took a big ass jump in pay and wont make that up for another few years at least but as regards having a life it is sooo well worth it, if this had not happened i would not have met certain other reps, would not have met the angel i now live with, etc etc.

thats a real difficult one to answer as if you think about it every decision one takes in like affects all other post actions so would be true t say that all decisions are going to have profound impacts,

its just those where you realise you have a time to choose and those are the times where one always has an idea of the outcome or believes one has the choice, eithre way a decision is made on the most informed/emotional sense and life goes on, the end result is speculating as to what may have happened through another or opposite/alternate decision.

its all good so please enjoy it

X X X

E.

Advertisement