Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Poker Gazette stuff...

Options
  • 12-10-2004 2:22am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've found this feed that gives poker news and VB3.0 can incorporate it into the forum so I'm giving it a try. I dont want to innundate the forum with them but I can set it to "once a day" if its too much. What do you think of it s far? seems fairly ok...

DeV.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Er, actually it seems to have gone nuts. I'll see what I can do about slowing it down!
    It might just be an initial flood of posts so we'll give it 24 hours.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

imo would work better as a side bar on suited aces - people come here to discuss poker rather than have an outside source pump RSS in here. Worth the expirement but things that are worth discussing will get threads started about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I would agree with dangerman.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

MrPudding wrote:
    I would agree with dangerman.

MrP

Maybe change the timing to once a day then...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

don't like them personally as i think on the whole they aren't relevant to us all the way over here in little old Ireland.

Hyzepher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Hyzepher wrote:
    don't like them personally as i think on the whole they aren't relevant to us all the way over here in little old Ireland.

Hyzepher

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Might be a bit interesting but they're spamming up the page something awful.

An update once every few days would be more than enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

or just get rid of them Im sure anyone that wants it can get it sent to their email

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

it has to go, or at the very least get reduced, the whole forum is practically gazette stuff..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Would it be worth a sub board? Like in the film board you have a sub board for movie reviews. You could do that and track how much it is used. That way it doesn't crowd out articles here but it is still available. If no-one uses it drop it after a week.

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I don't think it would be worth having a sub-forum. What I've done for now is turned it down to one post per day...

As DeV said there was an initial spam of 10 or so messages in the first day while we were getting to grips with the settings - for those who found that too much, it will be better; for those who like the news, it'll still be there daily.

Advertisement