Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liberty Caps

• 12-10-2004 9:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Are these little beauties still around, seems to be getting a lot colder lately and this always tends to effect them. Anyone any good ideas where there might be a lot of them in one area, would like to stock up for the rest of the year

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

There was a few of us discussing this on a private forum, rememebr to flick before you pick so the next few days there'll be hundreds more growing there.
    as about someone recamending you were to pick.. they'll headyou in the opposite direction of them, no one ever gives away their spots
    I got about 600 there last wednesday theres still a good few about,
    If they're out of season.. just buy a mushroom kit, also freezing them makes them a class a
    Liberty Caps are the most potent mushies in the world..
    AND THEYRE ON OUR DOORSTEP!!!
    But watch out for these Galerina things cus they grow right beside them....
    Galerina
    The toxin contained in Galerina is the same toxin, as contained in the destroying angels, It induces exactly the same symptoms: The toxin in Galerina (and in the death angels) is a relatively small protein of eight amino acids, a cyclopeptide called a-amanitin. According to John W. Rippon, Professor Emeritus at the University of Chicago in Medical Mycology, a-amanitin works by slowly attacking the enzyme RNA polymerase. Although RNA polymerase occurs in all body cells, the cells of the liver are particularly affected because the body tries to sequester (and accumulate) toxins in the liver, and those cells are damaged the most. The a-amanitin ultimately affects the central nervous system and kidneys. Unlike many fungal toxins it does not cause symptoms right away. As long as 6-24 hours after ingestion there may be an early feeling of unease, followed by violent cramps and diarrhea. On the third day, there is a remission of symptoms, but this is a false remission. On the 4th to 5th day the enzymes increase, and liver and kidneys are severely affected. Death often follows if a liver transplant or other heroic measures are not performed. There is no cure for ingestion of the poison once it gets this far, but doctors are getting much better at treating the symptoms. This is *not* a mushroom you want to mess around with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 triggerhappy

Phoenix Park would be your best bet, I live in Lucan and have seen a few of them around, but your right it is getting a bit cold for them!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

wicklow mountains is the best...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Mosgof

My mate was out in the Curragh yesterday and he got about 60, but he said they were hard to get, there did not seem to be that many around. Are those other toxic babies a lot fatter than the liberty's, if so I think I have seen them

Yea the stem is a fair bit fatter so is the cap, they're also fairly lighter brown colour than the liberties

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Lenny wrote:
    Liberty Caps are the most potent mushies in the world..
    i'm sorry but i have to comment on this...that is utter bollox, i have done liberty caps and i did the strongest mushrooms available in holland (cant remember the name)...no comparison....those shrooms sent me on the second most intense trip of my life (the first being salvia :eek: ) liberty caps were positivly boring and tame in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

ferdi wrote:
    i'm sorry but i have to comment on this...that is utter bollox, i have done liberty caps and i did the strongest mushrooms available in holland (cant remember the name)...no comparison....those shrooms sent me on the second most intense trip of my life (the first being salvia :eek: ) liberty caps were positivly boring and tame in comparison.

They are definitely one of the stronger varieties ferdi, there are a lot of factors involved but every 7 or so years a crop of liberties comes along that leaves most shrooms in the shade. Were the ones you did in Holland Blue Meanies or Hawaians?
    That Salvia is crazy **** and I am never touching it again, was ripped in a matter of seconds into some crazy place (LSD+shrooms+whatever*10) where I had no control and was back laughing like a lunatic after about 30 seconds and back normal within minutes but it scared the **** out of me, cos it came from nowhere and went just as fast, not something to be messed with, dont be fooled by the legal status of it.

when i find the name of the shrooms i did, i'll tell you but they are constantly extreme, not seasonal.

salvia is some of the craziest **** in the world, i tripped off my ****ing nut on it....its definitly not a kids drug, watch out!

Yea I've been doing salvia for the past 7 days straight a few times a night
    I've build a funny resistance to it(taking 20x) and I just get freaked out now, its something just to do once or twice and to put it away
    liberty caps aren't the strongest.. I think mexican cubensis are..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

the mexicans are the lightest, all the shops in holland recommend you try them if its your first time doing mushies. i had 30 grams the first time, and it was mostly just a giggley buzz with light visuals, nothing too intense, a nice easy starter trip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

You dont really trip too much on irish mushrooms , by trip I mean see things that aint there. Mainly everything kinda glows and looks really really interesting and alot of the times looks hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Mosgof

Going to go picking in the morning, hope to get a few......have to take up this oppertunity while it lasts, especially with them being free. Never heard of flicking them before, but will keep this in mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Tusky wrote:
    You dont really trip too much on irish mushrooms , by trip I mean see things that aint there. Mainly everything kinda glows and looks really really interesting and alot of the times looks hilarious.

keep taking them, eventually you do get disconnected from reality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

simu wrote:

*nod*

first time I took shrooms, they were liberty caps and I had 150 or more..

i remember sending everyone in my phonebook a text, even people i hardly new "dudes.. I can see the music.. no no.. wait, i *AM* the music.. the music is green. wow"

something to that effect anyway.. i just felt like I had to let people know :)

it's not just about potency too diffrent mushrooms give different kinds of trips, some are giggly, some are visual, some you take in a group, some are best with a small number of people. *shrug*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

simu wrote:

I have taken many..many lol. And many times too - I know what happens when you take alot - I have never got strong hallucinations from them. Mild but everything glowing and looking really interesting- but I kinda prefer it that way. Acid is a bit too much for me.

have you tried acid tusky? or are you just guessing?

i didn't get a very visual trip off acid, was more weird happy thoughts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

ferdi wrote:

I was with you there till you mentioned that salvia crap

umm.. salvia is seriously trippy **** *if you do it right*.

most people just don't bother doing it right, and toke it up in a **** bong or a joint.

it is not a weed substitute, and shouldn't be treated as such just because it's smoked.

do a bit of googling, or check out www.erowid.org for some trip reports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

I did salvia a few times really strong and quick buzz, but its not the sort of **** you can sit and smoke for a whole night .. ya get a killer headache afterwards too. Never tried Irish mushies so im going on a mission tommorow morning to look for some.

Mordeth wrote:
    umm.. salvia is seriously trippy **** *if you do it right*.

most people just don't bother doing it right, and toke it up in a **** bong or a joint.

it is not a weed substitute, and shouldn't be treated as such just because it's smoked.

do a bit of googling, or check out www.erowid.org for some trip reports.

So how do YOU smoke the stuff. I know it comes in different strains so the one I did must have been a weak one.

• Advertisement

you could go to the website I linked to and look for yourself

oooorr....
    (basic instructions)

needs to be taken in a bong, preferabbly a water/ice bong to keep the smoke cool because you're going to need to take in a *lot* of smoke. You need a blue flame (butane?) lighter to heat the plant/extract enough for it to work.

You basically just take a huge hit of the bong, hold it in for about 30 seconds. and then take another hit if you feel the need... the effects should be pretty instantaneous.

every website I've seen talking about it has had warnings that there should be a sober person there.. if only to make sure you don't knock the burning plant all over the carpet when you suddenly forget how your hands work and drop the bong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

How is your mushroom kit coming along mordeth?

umm.. i left it in the propgator wheni went off to holland, and when I came back.. nothing had grown. the...soil? had shrunk in size by about a inch on each side but that's about it

then I left it sitting onthe windowsill, with the plastic cover still on it for about 3 weeks.. until I was bothered planting it somewhere outside or something. and some shrooms have started to grow around the sides now.

so I'm not currently at the house with the shrooms in them, but I left the plastic lid off and left it by the windowsill.. i'm hoping a few will have grown by the time I go back there.. i'm a little unsure about the ones that grew around the side.. they look manky but they're probably alright.

Ones growing from the sides are fine, are you clearing the aborts from the surface? Gives more room for the rest to grow. Are you gonna dunk the kit too when the first batch is done? When mine was completely grown I flipped it over in the box and a good few more grew from the bottom.

see that's the thing, none grew on the surface :)

I think it's well and truly ****ered I turned it around and we'll see if that helps

but I haver 4-5 incredibly mouldy looking ones here, prob enough for a light trip :) if they don't kill me.

Is it a blue mould on them? Are they "blue" meanies?
    Might not be any harm the ones I bought in an Afghan shop in the UK last year were covered in blue mould.

nah, not mouldy as such just um. dead looking :)

unhealthy like

and they're mexican shrooms

Ah ok, mo'wel'dy lookin, has to be written phonetically to work ;)

Where did you get the kit from? Did you follow the instructions properly? I had to buy all new equipment to make the terrarium and they were pretty clear on how to sterilize everything and rinse it properly. Maybe they need a little more time? Was the kit old?

• Advertisement

umm.. i bought it from www.kingbong.com , for 20 sterling for the kit and 20 for the propogator.. around 70 euro altogether. I bought another for a friend, and his grew fine. (well one batch grew, but they didn't pick them for ages and i think the spores ****ed with the ground or something)
    there was a sheet of paper with it and all it said was to place the kit (it was ina plastic lunchbox) under some cooled boiled water (i used a basin), for 24 hours and to lift the lid a bit, but keep it placed down by putting something heavy over it.. so I opened the lid and put it on again loosely, then put a large cup on it to keep it submerged..

it took a month to arrive though, so I don't know how long it was waiting in the delivery place.

on the subject of salvia, we did it in a smallish metal pipe with on of those extremely hot wind-proof lighters ( *IT HAS TO BE BURNED AT A VERY HIGH TEMP*), took a few hits and then went on a mad trip.

It can be burned with an ordinary light in a plastic bottle with tinfoil on the top with holes jabbed into it and suck down :)

never worked for us till the high temp lighter was used

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Mordeth wrote:
    umm.. i bought it from www.kingbong.com

Have you tried any of their Fresh Mexican Cubensis? May give them a go.

that's the kit i got, but they didn't work. I had mexicans in amsterdam though, and they were nice :)

trip kinda came in waves, giggly, talktative.. colours and weird thoughts.. very nice. mild enough at low doses (30g) but meant to be nice and trippy in high doses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Lenny wrote:
    It can be burned with an ordinary light in a plastic bottle with tinfoil on the top with holes jabbed into it and suck down :)

or an aluminium drinks can (empty of course) flattened in the middle with small holes in. :rolleyes:

The fact it took a month for delivery sounds bad, the kits usually have a best before date of one month. I got mine from http://www.camdenmushroomcompany.com, delivery is steep though, I was in London and just brought them home on the plane. Look slike they were getting you to dunk the kit, mineral water probably works best for this, the lower the mineral count the better (count is printed on the side). As for the propogator, did you steralize it before hand? They should be washed down with a 1:10 mixture of bleach to water, then well rinsed in mineral water. All these thinggs have an effect on how well they will grow. A friend of mine got a kit from potseeds.co.uk and it was decent enought. Delivery was only a quid and when he messed it up by watering it every day instead of the once, as it said in the instructions, they sent him a whole new kit.

oooh dear jesus

that website has a lot of different kind of shroom growkits

i need a job..

Luckily it was my job that brought me to London when I bought my kit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement