Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bike test next month, need help !!

Options
  • 12-10-2004 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Just got the notification of my bike test next month. It's in the Raheny test center. I'm very nervous, does anyone know the route I have to drive and what's envolved ??

Thanks

Prozium.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭batman_oh

i did it twice there and both times they took a completely different route
    first one was a standard route, 4 rights and 4 lefts type of thing
    however on my 2nd test i got a start here, go right here, left, right, pass a left, go right blah blah
    i stopped one corner too early cause i couldnt remember what he was sayin
    i reckon thats not somethin that happens much tho, and still passed 2nd time with no marks against me
    go to the test centre in raheny and circle around the block, that will give an idea of the area
    watch the signs and stuff
    hell i could prob show u the way around that i was shown if ya wanna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Prozium

batman_oh wrote:
    hell i could prob show u the way around that i was shown if ya wanna

What about any questions they ask ??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

They will ask you a series of questions from the Rules of the Road, as well as the usual 'identify the road-sign' type of questions.

In addition, they might (I was anyway) ask you some bike-specific questions, such as (sample)

1) The minimum tyre tread depth for a motorcycle tyre
    2) Motorcycle-specific hazards when it's wet/rainging/dark
    etc..

And finally, they'll ask you to locate or operate parts of your vehicle, e.g. horn, indicators, head-lights, petrol fuell cap, front and rear brake, brake fluid resevoirs, that kind of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 damob

Prozium wrote:
    What about any questions they ask ??

Hi,

Did my bike-test in June in Raheny.

I was asked whether bikes can use bus-lanes - I did answer 'no' (with a straight face, just).
    I did an hour's pre-test training and was warned that questions on bus-lanes may come up, and list factors that effect a bike's grip (e.g. leaves, paint-tracks, gravel, .. etc) and I was asked both at the test.

dB.

Advertisement