Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgraded PC crashing.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

heheh, true, but check out my rig, i want it running at peak preformace man, heheh, i will swap around d power leads and get it running on its own 1 first, then agp 4x is the next solution :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

If I had an x800 I would want to run it in agpx8. It does make a difference with cards like that especially in new games like doom 3. Running agpx4 can't be anythng more than a short term solution.

Try turning off vpu recover and turn off agp fast writes as well.

BloodBath

What is VPU Recover anyway???? What does do???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

BloodBath wrote:
    If I had an x800 I would want to run it in agpx8. It does make a difference with cards like that especially in new games like doom 3. Running agpx4 can't be anythng more than a short term solution.

Try turning off vpu recover and turn off agp fast writes as well.

BloodBath

Could be true with the X800. Unfortunately I haven't got X800 :-( but if someones willing to send me one, I'll do some benchmarks and report back the results. ;) With the Radeon 9XXX series the X8 AGP performance wasn't that significant.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

As Far as I know... It automaticly shuts down the game or application that is making the system /gfx card unstable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

There is no need for either vpu recover or agp fast writes and both have been known to cause crashing with some configs. It's worth a try.

BloodBath

MR DAZ wrote:
    As Far as I know... It automaticly shuts down the game or application that is making the system /gfx card unstable

ah well then, could definitly be the vpu recover doing it as i have my x800 overclocked a fair bit, maybe the vpu recover sees that as unstable and shuts down the game, it cant be the temps though as they are usually about 55-60 at 100% load for about 2-3 hours(ie when im playing a decent new game), i'll definitly turn that off and see if it makes any difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Mr T

Well its worth a try, no skin off my back, every setup is different, just cuz it didnt work 4 u doesnt mean it wont work for every1, different systems - different problems

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

• Advertisement

Hehe, u tell him. Its true, this forum is for advice only. Its only advice u dont have to take it or use it, keep it positive MR T :)

It's gettin hot in here. :)

Well if you're still having problems have a search in the X800 rage3d forum and you might come accross something. The guys there usually know what their talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Dunno if you managed to fix your problem or not, but here's a suggestion.

If you flashed the x800 pro to xt it not only enabled the 16 pipes but also raised the frequencies from 450/475 Mhz to 520/560 Mhz.

It's quite possible that your card can't cope with the XT speed, try downloading ATI Tool and lowering the frequency to X800 Pro's default, 450/475, and then playing the games.

It will still leave all 16 pipelines enabled, and if that works then you just need to find the highest stable overclock for your card.

You can find ATI Tool here:
    http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Thnx neways netman but its been liked this since before i flashed it.
    Also its down on stock speeds. Below PRO settings.

I think the problem lies in my HDD.
    Im gonna throw a different one in it and Reinstall Windows.
    I'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

[edit] Mentioned by ding already (upgrading motherboard drivers and having a look at bios updates).

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Just to let you all know.
    I figured out what was wrong with the pc.
    The Ram i got is DUAL Twinned DDR.
    I had a stick in A1 and a stick in A2.
    I should have had a stick in A1 and one in B1.
    Since i corrected that i have had no problems.

Thanks anyways.
    Im glad it wasnt my gfx card or PSU.

Nice one. Glad you sorted it out. Can get fraustrating after a while. ;) Funny how memtest passed?

Advertisement