Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lessons

Options
  • 12-10-2004 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

im interested in playing the banjo anybody out there know where i can get lessons on the banjo in dublin during the week. also is it hard to learn! :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 SteveFE

im interested in playing the banjo anybody out there know where i can get lessons on the banjo in dublin during the week. also is it hard to learn! :confused:

Hard to learn depends on whether you're coming to it cold or whether you've played something else before. I found it pretty easy to switch from guitar, but then I have played guitar for 25 years and have small but nimble hands :D

Biggest difficulty for me is not knowing where the notes are but playing in an authentic trad style. The ornaments (especially triplets and rolls) are tough to get right as they're a combination of picking and left hand technique. I tend to fake by using hammers and pulloffs but I shouldn't :D

Good luck with the lessons. Don't know Dublin so can't help you with who to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

do you have a banjo already?
    if you dont and already play guitar you can get banjos strung the same style as guitars

Advertisement