Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live With wireless Broadband

Options
  • 12-10-2004 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Howdy one and all

Im just wondering has anyone any experience with using xbox live in conjunction with wireless broadband? is 512kbps a fast enough speed for xbox live? Im gonna be usin www.irishbroadband.ie for the service, coz i dont want to pay to get a phone line connected to my gaff just so eircom can tell me if im eligible or not.....So if anyone has any info it wud be much appreciated! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

m8 of mine who i played last night has it and has no probs. 512 is what most people have on dsl anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Covmeister

Excellent!! Cheers mate. Sound. Halo 2 here i come!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The main problem wireless BB is not the speed, but the pings. With a good dsl package it will be about 30ms but with wireless BB (I assume you going for Ripwave) your pings will be about 100ms min on a good day.

Ping is the amount of time it take to send information to the server and then get it back to you. With a FPS this is very important.

Advertisement