Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To the good people in Eircom, ComReg, the DCMNR, IBEC, EsatBT etc

Options
  • 12-10-2004 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

To the good people in Eircom, ComReg, the DCMNR, IBEC, EsatBT etc:

It's an open secret that you guys read these forums and monitor what IrelandOffline are doing regularly. You see your organisation getting slammed and slagged here on an on-going basis and I'm sure it upsets you as you feel loyal to your employer and you know you and your organisation are not corrupt. Still the overall belief of many is that the telecoms system in this country tries to screw the Irish consumer. Let's change that.

Show us that you and your organisation are doing some good. Talk to us either publicly or privately.

Constructive, open and civil dialog is the way to go and all groups need to get involved and represent their views. To bring Ireland from being offline in the digital world to being one of the major online players in the world will need a pragmatic group effort.

You can start a private dialog right now with us by emailing info@irelandOffline.org and I'll make sure your privacy is respected.

Are you pausing over the "New Email" button now ? Press it ! Take the plunge and start the revolution.

Damien.
    (On behalf of the Committee)

(I'm only going to post this on the IrelandOffline forum and it will not be emailed or stuck in a press release. This is specifically for those that come to the forum. )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

And don't worry about being slagged, attacked, etc. Mods on this forum are so because they're not part of the committee. Nobody on this forum will get preferential treatment, and any kind of moronic or insulting behaviour on part of posters, no matter how long they've been here, will be dealt with.

People do get excited here, and can easily lose the rag over things. We're here to puill them aside, give them a cup of hot chocolate, and tell them to sit outside until they calm down. Any insults, threats or slander against anyone speaking in favour of any company, or indeed against any compeny won't go unnoticed.
    So don't be afraid. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

I'd like to second that, if at times we "seem" like we are getting at various
    contributors or organizations, it's not really or necessarily so.(always)
    I'd like to think of it as constructive criticism, possibly well deserved but nevertheless still criticism, said perhaps in a very loud and shrill voice, but still meant in a positive way.

Did I mention also a boat load of frustration, sometimes anger and bucket loads of bafflement at the way the organizational mind works/doesn't work at times and the seemingly bizarre rational for certain decisions.

Anyway I'd just like to say we are all in this together, really!

PS this is not a new me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Thanks for the reaction so far guys. You know who you are ;)

Advertisement