Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What have you tried...

• 12-10-2004 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Sorry if it's been done before, but I'm just interested to see what people have sampled. Choose all that apply:

What drugs have you tried? 433 votes

Ecstasy
    0% 0 votes
    Cocaine
    14% 62 votes
    Acid/Mushrooms
    12% 55 votes
    Speed
    13% 59 votes
    Weed/Hash
    12% 55 votes
    Smarties/Depressants etc.
    31% 138 votes
    Other
    4% 21 votes
    None at all.
    9% 43 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

drugs are bad for you....

dont do drugs.. and go to school kids.... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Well I've selected everything there bar the anti-depressants and the none at al..
    first poll I think I've ever seen with a date for closing lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Where's the all of the above option and you are missing a few notables, anyway I'm alright now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

...narc...

Bit para there Minesajackdaniels, or do you have an IP leading back to the Phoenix Park ....????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

everything there bar the anti-depressants

I think it's depressants as in ketamine and stuff he's referring to, as opposed to prescription anti-depressants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

That 's an interesting question and if everyone is being honest the results so far are surprising . 34 people have voted with 11 saying thay have taken nothing so that leaves 23 who have.

If the poll is accurate many of those 23 must have sampled numerous different drugs as there are 82 votes in total for the drugs listed. Personally I don't believe the poll is accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

well if 23 people have taken drugs and theres 82 votes, that means (me gets out calculator) that on average each person has tried 3/4 (well 3.5 but i don't see how thats gonna work :) ) of the above drugs. I don't think thats too unrealistic is it?

Personally i've never touched them, but each to their own :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

im curious has anyone here tried "hard" drugs like heroin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My only drug is caffeine. I've even stopped drinking and I don't smoke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Damn...I said none at all, yet I'm a caffeine addict....

Oh well

Are the results of this poll being sent to the Garda Síochána? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I have a question.

Who gives a f*ck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭accensi0n

I do, and obviously the thread starter does. I think its interesting. Im sure other people are interested in this thread as well since there have been no negative replies bar yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I'd be interested to see how the results come out to. I'm suprised by the amount of people that have done cocaine and speed, I thought there use was alot lower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Ciaran500 wrote:
    I'd be interested to see how the results come out to. I'm suprised by the amount of people that have done cocaine and speed, I thought there use was alot lower.

Trial and use are a lot different.
    im curious has anyone here tried "hard" drugs like heroin

There was similar poll to this not that long ago, and you'd be surprised how curious people are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

The Muppet wrote:
    Personally I don't believe the poll is accurate.

A poll on the internet, not accurate? :eek:

There goes that chapter of my thesis...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I always wonder what it'd be like to try stuff but then the whole effects thing enters my mind and i wonder why i cant enjoy myself with out some sort of intoxication.

I don't even drink and I'm a teenager in a posh rugby playing school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

i was addicted to chubba chumps before had to go cold thurky on it hardest thing i ever did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Bit para there Minesajackdaniels, or do you have an IP leading back to the Phoenix Park ....????

Its probably not enabled for boards, but ubb tracks each persons vote (generally as a option to be publically viewable).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Doper Than U

None at all for me. Conformist rebelliousness doesn't do it for me.. and I'm also just scared of the damage I'd do to myself. Plus the fact that Drug Barons are the scum of the earth, and I don't want to put one penny in their pockets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I always wonder what it'd be like to try stuff but then the whole effects thing enters my mind and i wonder why i cant enjoy myself with out some sort of intoxication.

I don't even drink and I'm a teenager in a posh rugby playing school

ah, but clearly you *can* enjoy yourself without these forms of intoxication.

that doesn't mean that you wouldn't enjoy being intoxicated :)

I don't drink, but I do enjoy my marijuana, acid, mushrooms, ecstacy, salvia. I have some hawaiian baby woodrose seeds in my bedroom (contains LSA rather than LSD, less visual trip than acid.. slightly longer though).

only done acid the once, but I think I'm in love.

I had a bad trip whilst on acid, but I think that was my fault for doing it alone.

The fun with being intoxicated in my opinion, is the experience of having yourself operating in a different state, and since life is all about experiencing as much variety as possible, then that's a good thing. If you let drugs get in the way of life though, that's a bad thing. I don't drink bar the occasional splurt(that's once every few months, as opposed to some people's definition of occasional which is once a week) because I feel drinking gets in the way of life for me.

I have to get some more weed sometime, haven't a clue where to get it atm, busy busy in college and need something to help me wind down at times.

I hope to have a hearty concoction of dangerous/exciting drugs at my death bed. Some heroin and cocaine for starters :)

What about the effects though. Acid stays in your body for a ridiculous amount of time.

Then there is the flashback of a bad trip. It is just really stupid.

What's really creepy are the dealers that soak the hash in heroin to make it physically addictive. The "gear" can still be used so the price is the same.

What's really creepy are the dealers that soak the hash in heroin to make it physically addictive.

What's creepy I find, is when it happens outside the underworld, and stuff gets put into your kids' food etc. At least drug users have some idea of the risks.

Acid doesn't stay in your body that long, 3 or 4 days at most. And the flashbacks only occur for heavy users.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

matthew ..

check out www.erowid.org and look at all the wealth of info they got there on acid

check out my sig too, for a nice lil bit on acid/lsd.

also, the "bad trips" and their dangers are still being debated... no one's actually done much research into it afaik.

also.. hash dipped in heroin? .. um.. do you gotta pay extra for that?

(hah, you answered that.. shows me to be cheeky)

fair enough.. i've never heard of that, or experienced it but that's all the more reason for the goverment to get off their arses, decriminalise marijuana and bring it *out* of the underworld, and out of these peoples hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

have tried all of em , but ive been off everything ecxept the booze and the odd bit of weed these days :D , curiously enough the most addictive substance ive ever had a regular habit for is cold heinz maccaroni cheeze out of cans ,ever since i was a kid i just cant get enough of the stuff , it dissapoints me every time i go to the local supermarket and remember they dont stock it there :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

I was just wondering, there have been loads of threads on drugs on boards in the last few months, yet if anyone mentions warez of any sort they're told to shut up or they'll be banned. Both are illegal(drugs even more so), so it's a bit of a double standard, isn't it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Looking at that, a dangeriously ammount of people have taken acid/mushrooms
    it would hvae been better to split them into two, would like to see how many people would fail a spinal tap..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

Phil_321 wrote:
    I was just wondering, there have been loads of threads on drugs on boards in the last few months, yet if anyone mentions warez of any sort they're told to shut up or they'll be banned. Both are illegal(drugs even more so), so it's a bit of a double standard, isn't it?

nah , if anyone was to start telling people where to get drugs here theyd probably get a banning but just talking about em isnt illegal , you could probably post a topic about the warez , p2p or whatever as long as you were seriously discussing it and not just saying where to download pirated stuff i think (never tried it meself though)

What's really creepy are the dealers that soak the hash in heroin to make it physically addictive. The "gear" can still be used so the price is the same.

I dont know where you heard that crock of sh1t but in any case that's all it is, heroin commands a higher price and hash or marijuana dont even contain opium although some people think that it does (sometimes), they are incorrect. When opiates are smoked they are not smoked in exactly the same way as hash is, they are boiled and the resultant steam is inhaled, this is not the same as smoking exactly. If you were to put heroin or opium in hash then the cigarette papers would go all brown and oily and the joint would look strange and probably fall apart from being moist.
    Someone has been telling you porkie pies in any case.
    Why would they sell the heroin under price?
    There is quite often ketamin in bad soap hash in Ireland but NEVER has heroin/opiates been found adulterating hash it would be too expensive for the dealers and if it was it would be a speciality and not a stealth move as the hash could be sold for 2 to 3 times the normal price.
    File this under urban myths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭grasshopper

I reckon it’ s good to give everything a go once if not twice. Feel some of the love form the sixties man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

woosaysdan wrote:
    i was addicted to chubba chumps before had to go cold thurky on it hardest thing i ever did

I hear that. My habit was sometimes as much as 2 euro a day. Cola flavour. *sigh* tough times.

Other than that I put down shrooms and weed/hash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Blub2k4 wrote:
    There is quite often ketamin in bad soap hash in Ireland .
    :eek:
    Source ?

Gurgle wrote:
    :eek:
    Source ?

Ever heard of the stuff in Cork called Horse? So called cos it has horse tranquliser in it. It's all they can do to make it potent after the oils have been washed out to make hash oil.

My sources are pretty good but not verifiable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

Aaahahahahaha, jesus I nearly fell of my chair when I read that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

Lenny wrote:
    Looking at that, a dangeriously ammount of people have taken acid/mushrooms
    it would hvae been better to split them into two, would like to see how many people would fail a spinal tap..

More bullchit. The oldest and most common.

http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.cgi?ID=189

http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.cgi?ID=160

Onless you've read it, it's probably not true.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i used to have a major addiction to Wine gums....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I've a mate who's addicted to lip balm. He gets through a stick a week and wakes up in the night craving a fix. It's the strangest one I've come across.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

I never heard of anyone putting ketamin in hash , like heroin the K is worth a lot more as K than it would be in a bar of soap , and as you can't smoke ketamin anyway i cant see how it would work. Never heard of hash called horse in cork either.

I had seen some (what I was told were) green opium crysals in some hash years ago, but never since.

The heroin in hash claim is an urban myth afaik.

• Advertisement

Have a look here

http://www.ukcia.org/activism/soapbar.htm

One of the pollutants mentioned is ketamine.

Veterinary ketamine is not that expensive to buy, it appears that it is available over the counter in Spain.

<edit> guess what country is next to Morocco and also which most of Irish soapbar travels through, strangely enough it is Spain. Remember Mitchell and all the Gilligan related scumbags sodded off, well they all almost to a man are holed up in Spain.

Blub2k4 wrote:
    I dont know where you heard that crock of sh1t but in any case that's all it is, heroin commands a higher price and hash or marijuana dont even contain opium although some people think that it does (sometimes), they are incorrect. When opiates are smoked they are not smoked in exactly the same way as hash is, they are boiled and the resultant steam is inhaled, this is not the same as smoking exactly. If you were to put heroin or opium in hash then the cigarette papers would go all brown and oily and the joint would look strange and probably fall apart from being moist.
    Someone has been telling you porkie pies in any case.
    Why would they sell the heroin under price?
    There is quite often ketamin in bad soap hash in Ireland but NEVER has heroin/opiates been found adulterating hash it would be too expensive for the dealers and if it was it would be a speciality and not a stealth move as the hash could be sold for 2 to 3 times the normal price.
    File this under urban myths.

I vaguely know the guy who does it. He soaks the resin in the heroin. and as i said the heroin can still be used. i also heard it off someone else who is also a dealer. Thats what I've been told and i know someone who bought the heroin soaked hash off the second guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I vaguely know the guy who does it. He soaks the resin in the heroin. and as i said the heroin can still be used. i also heard it off someone else who is also a dealer. Thats what I've been told and i know someone who bought the heroin soaked hash off the second guy

I still don't believe you. It doesn't make any sense to do that. Most "stories" going around about drugs are untrue, and it's these stupid myths and scare stories that really píss me off.

Dr. Loon wrote:
    I still don't believe you. It doesn't make any sense to do that. Most "stories" going around about drugs are untrue, and it's these stupid myths and scare stories that really píss me off.

I've talked to the guy.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

A friend of mine's brother and his mates have a bit of a habit of smoking spliffs laced with heroin. They call them A-bombs. I think it's more expensive than the normal buzz and they know what they're getting when they buy it.

A friend of mine's brother and his mates have a bit of a habit of smoking spliffs laced with heroin. They call them A-bombs. I think it's more expensive than the normal buzz and they know what they're getting when they buy it.

Finally some one who agrees with me. One of the guys who sells this stuff doesn't tell his clinetele though

I've talked to the guy.

Oh Jesus well then!! Sorry. I didn't know you'd talked to the guy!! :rolleyes:

I've talked to you!? If I was to believe you I might go around telling people the same! Seriously?

If I was a dealer I would see no reason to "dip" or "coat" hash in heroin other than to waste my own supply for no real reason. There is no real reason to try and make hash addictive subversively. People will always smoke or use it.

I have never come across this practice in my life, therefore I don't believe it exists. I hope some sane minded person can back me up. Although I don't really need it. You keep on telling people it exists... No skin off my nose.

Oh, by the way. Backup isn't "A friend of my friends, Uncles GrandDad's Ma" just doesn't cut it with me. Sorry.

Sorry man this is a lie. Heroin is a brown powder(turkish/afghani anyway, chinese can be white) that cannot be dissolved in water without the addition of ascorbic acid or citric acid and then it needs boiling, so either asco or lemon juice is added to it, how does he then get the heroin back to a powder state to sell?
    Rubbish outright rubbish.
    If you can explain how he gets around the above then fair play but NOT a chance in hell this is happening.
    THIS IS AN URBAN MYTH.

Finally some one who agrees with me. One of the guys who sells this stuff doesn't tell his clinetele though

He's not backing up your claim, there is a difference between sprinkling a little brown into a spliff and soaking the hash in smack. I have heard of heroin in a joint before but the point is that the joint is such a different spliff to a normal one that a user would know, of course these guys know why their papers go all sticky and brown and also why they get a sickly bitter heroin taste in their mouths.
    Heroin has an unmistakeable taste and it is BITTER, really really bitter, in fact the strong stuff will make you gag it is so bitter.

There was a rumour put about that there was heroin in pills too, ecstacy pills that is, according to the Dutch testing centres it has never once been found in a pill they have tested. Some people still talk about scaggy pills, which are actually normally just strong MDMA concentrations.

I heard of heroin laced pills in the mid-nineties in Galway called "Party Timers" or P.T's they allegedly contained it but it was a SELLING Point and the price was £25 and not the usual £15 that pills were costing at the time.

Someone talking sense at last.

• Advertisement
Advertisement