Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farscape: PK Wars Irish Air Schedule?

Options
  • 12-10-2004 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

I know Farscape: PeaceKeeper Wars airs in the states from October 17th on Sci-Fi, but does anyone know when we will get to see it over here? I do not want to miss this under any circumstances....

c0y0te

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The BBC haven't committed to showing it yet unfortunately. Apparently they're only just after getting viewing tapes (they say). I don't think it'll be shown on UK TV before Christmas :(

On the bright side, it'll probably appear on bittorrent soon after its US release date and I'm getting someone in America to record it onto DVD for me and mail it over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've still to see seasons 3 and 4. So I'll probably have to give it a miss either way and wait for the DVD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Stark - u might like to 'point the way' to the bit torrent when it's available? :)

Would be much appreciated.

c0y0te

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

well more than likely it will be up on suprnova.org with in 2 to 3 hours of it showing on TV. Just make sure you dont get a VCD rip of it. Go for the High Def TV rips. I'll be downloading them my-self. To much of a fan wait for DVD and you'll be lucky if you see it anytime soon on TV over here. Hell I think Sci-Fi UK still haven't showen the new BattleStar Mini Seires.... and that came on in Jan/feb of this year...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

sutty wrote:
    Hell I think Sci-Fi UK still haven't showen the new BattleStar Mini Seires.... and that came on in Jan/feb of this year...
    That's because Sky are showing it. Tonight. And then they're starting the new series - ahead of US Sci-Fi - on Monday...

• Advertisement

Just make sure you dont get a VCD rip of it. Go for the High Def TV rips. I'll be downloading them my-self.

Can the High Def TV rips be played easily on a standard DVD player?

If I see a KVCD file, I'll be jumping straight for that.

Edit: hmmm, from what I've gathered, the high def tv rips are usually xvid/divx format so they can't...

OK - so when I happen to be browsing the bit torrents in a day or two for anything relating to Farscape:PK - what keywords should I be looking for? How will I know a good version from a bad version (from a quality perspective)?

I'm not too hot on Bit Torrent as you can probably tell. Thanks in advance for any advice.

c0y0te

ps. alternatively - if you should happen across the goods, perhaps you might PM me with the details/links? I (like most others) have been waiting years for them to complete the farscape story, and am haingin on by a thread at the mo. I'd love to see the footage before I read all about it somewhere on the net by accident.

well its over about 30min now I would say, so I am just waiting for a tracker to come up.I have a Kiss DVD player so it plays xvid and divx files with out any probs.. well unless they where incoded with the very latest codec that is :)

but most of the time it is grand. maybe 4 movies out of the few hundred we have in the apartment dont work on it.

As for what one to go for. Well I find that ones with the tag "HDTV-LoL" are very good for TV eps and the such. I'd give it an other hour before they come out though. I will let ye know tomorrow how good the quilty is and will see about letting people get it off me...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

It's well worth getting. I never got to follow the series as much as I wanted but caught enough episodes near the end to get into it, and the mini series (so far) is excellent. No spoilers as you all have plans of your own to get hold of it.

BTW. SciFi US don't transmit in HD. If you see any capture's labellled as such they're fakes, maybe from a good digital source but not HDTV.

Roll on Ep2 tomorrow

Episode 2 is tonight is it? Well hopefully my eh... fast mailing cousins' copy of the show will have arrived when I get home today... Glad to hear it's good though!

• Advertisement

If anyone finds a decent link or gets their hands on the goodies and would be willing to share - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know.

I have been waiting years for this, and I don't want to read about the sodding thing on a forum. I want to watch it first and then comment:)

Dammit - I hate having to wait on the yanks :o

c0y0te

BTW. SciFi US don't transmit in HD. If you see any capture's labellled as such they're fakes, maybe from a good digital source but not HDTV.

They'll still be better than VCD quality though. They may not be HDTV but they should be near-DVD quality. They usually get resized down to DVD resolution anyway.

Unfortunately Part 1 is so far only available as VCD quality (there's 2 downloads of it available, they both appear to be the same file)

Thanks for the PMs.. I followed links and tried the D/Ls but no joy :mad: even tho I've got a nice shiny DSL connection at home.

If anyone should manage to get the good quality goods on PeaceKeeper Wars - I'd love to know. If its good quality I'd be willing to pay for copies at this point. It seems no matter where I try to d/l it I end up dribbling along at sub 10K speeds which is intolerable.

c0y0te

There are a lot of leeches downloading, though the speed does pick up signifigantly during the night, so let your PC run overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

are you sure scifi doesn't transmit in HD cos i got a load of stargate atlantis episodes that were marked as hdtv lol and they were DVD quality. Also i remember hearing richard dean anderson say that they were filming in HD on the stargate lowdown program

Well my smart cousins delivered it quickly, so I'm after watching both episodes. The quality was quite good on my screen - I paid attention to the SFX and noticed little degradation or pixellisation. There was a slight softness to the picture at times but in general it was good quality.

As to the show I'll say it was worth waiting for and a satisfying conclusion. I won't say more, even behind spoiler space, for fear of tempting the weaker amongst you.

IXOY,

Is there any chance I can get a copy from you? Name your frelling price:)

I've tried to d/l it and I just can't get it working at decent speeds, so I'm outta options at this point. PM me if you can help. Thanks.

c0y0te

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

c0y0te wrote:
    Stark - u might like to 'point the way' to the bit torrent when it's available? :)

Would be much appreciated.

c0y0te

Its out on BT now as its currently being received on a PC I know very well :D
    Have a look around the usual sites for it :)

OK that was fecking great! I watched ep 2 last night. I sat there stunned. fecking great work done on it. A must see! Cant wait till the DVD's come out for it. Then the collection shall be compleat! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Nope on the HD thing. It's either some very deep leak of the originals, or a good digital signal that the 'rippers' merely upsampled before encoding so it would look cooler as a post. SciFi US still does not transmit in HDTV (pity).
    And yes Ep2 was fantastic. SciFi's mini series' production values are getting damn good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

WOW! Just finished watching it and it was realy bloody amazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Figment wrote:
    WOW! Just finished watching it and it was realy bloody amazing!!

Hell yes :)

Part one is very good. They really seem to have bumped up the budget for the mini series :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

So does anyone know? Is that the end? Making no more?
    *snif*

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It certainly does look like the end.

The DVD is out on the 18th of January in Region 1.

But if you haven't seen it yet avoid spoilers at all costs... there are some major bombshells droped in the mini-series.

Don't think it's the end, they left it open for future possibilites, even though
    If John had left that wormhole grow forever, destroying everything in existence, then THAT would be an ending to go down as a classic :)

But,
    It seemed to pretty much tie up all the storylines. Although it might have actually been nice to have a Return of the King style 20 minutes or so of seeing where the characters end up.

Well most people hated that ROTK ending.
    We know Rygel ends up back on Hyneria. We're not told explicitly what happens to Chiana, but based on what I know of her, she'll probably visit Hyneria, hang around on Moya for a while before finding she's third wheel to John & Aeryn, then head off to find her brother. There was no real future for D'argo, hence he got killed off. Dunno about Noranti, maybe she'll stay with the Eidelons, it seems like the place for her. In his retirement, Scorpius teams up with Braca and runs a power generating station. Aeryn and Crichton get divorced after one of them drops the baby.

The Region 1 DVD will be out in January for $20 (very reasonable IMO). Hopefully it'll contain lots of extra footage. I noticed there was about 3 scenes from the trailer that didn't make the Sci-Fi channel cut.

PS: Plans for after the mini will probably involve either a spin-off series (Hopefully not as bad as Crusade) or feature films. If there's a follow-up project, then (not a spoiler but putting it in spoiler tags just in case people are as aversed to knowing what doesn't happen in the mini as they are to knowing what happens)
    I hope it includes Chiana and the Nebaris, that was a major plot thread sorely overlooked in the series and mini.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

regardingspinoffs i wouldn't be so sure that thats the way it'll go
    remember that we never saw Dargo die (though i think he is gone), we never saw sikozu die
    , this is farscape remember, anything could happen. I think that there is no real point to a spinoff as farscape still has lots of life in it. Remember all those season 3 episodes that were great without a full cast (icarus abides and daedalus demands especially)

• Advertisement

They could do a Farscape: The Next Generation.
    With D'argo Sun/Crichton and Grayza's child, as it's possible that it is also Crichton's kid. And then there is also the child he fathered in the 'Look at the Princess' triology. You could have it so that each child inherited a piece of the wormhole knowledge from thier father.

But I also think it would be good to see the what became of the Nabari plans to conquer the galaxy.

Advertisement