Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IIA Awards nominations open

Options
  • 12-10-2004 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Just to let everyone know the IIA Awards are now open for nominations. The Award categories include:

Social Contribution
    Technology Journalist Award
    Innovation Award
    E-government Award
    Internet Marketer
    Web Designer Excellence
    Web Developer Excellence
    Online trader
    Educational Contribution
    New Entrepreneur
    Mobile Internet Application

To nominate someone please go here:
    www.netvisionary.ie

The person being nominated does not have to be a member of the IIA(and you don't have to be a member to nominate someone either(nominating someon is free).

Before anyone says anything about pimping I am not looking for a nomination as I am on the board of the IIA and therefore ineligible. ;)

Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

To nominate someone please go here:
    www.netvisionary.ie

Before anyone says anything about pimping I am not looking for a nomination as I am on the board of the IIA and therefore ineligible. ;)

Eoin

Why would someone nominate you? what category if you were able to be nominated could you posibly fall under?

As most people have already stated on boards this so called Competition is a farce , with the winners nothing but the sponsors of the awards and a chance for abit of backslapping ,its up there with the golden spiders in terms of Prestige.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Eoin

Can you nominate one person per category or are you limited to one nomination?

Michele

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm going to nominate myself in the "What's the French for Entrepreneur" Category!

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

stickying this because some peeps may actually be genuinely interested. (and I think dahamsta's reply is funny.. but you're not getting any rep :p)

I'd also like to see a set of awards for the worst in each category, but that's another day's work ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

blacknight wrote:
    I'd also like to see a set of awards for the worst in each category, but that's another day's work ....

No wonder you didnt get on the IIA board. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

will it be possible to see all sites nominated?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

These awards are for people kbannon.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

so I now see - thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

blacknight wrote:
    But what would happen if the owners of the worst sites were IIA members Michele? Wouldn't look good would it. :) Then again I think that the well known technology expert and friend of the Irish internet industry, Adrian Weckler of the SBP advertising supplement "Computers In Business" was awarded "Technology Journalist Of The Year" on one of these awards things some time ago. It is basically a get-together for IIA members - the awards are incidental. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭eoin@host.ie

Hello,

Voting for the shortlisted nominees is now open at

http://www.netvisionary.ie/votenom.html

Some excellent nominees there.

Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

are votes only from IIA members counted?

nahdoic wrote:
    are votes only from IIA members counted?

Voting is open to the public,there are a couple of rules though. Please see http://www.netvisionary.ie/votenom.html for full details.

Eoin

thanks Eoin - i had a good read through the rules - so you are at stage 4 at the moment or are you at stage 5?

There doesn't seem to be many rules for stage 4! Is it ok to put a notice on my website about it? You would get a lot of international votes, all of whom are using my irish service.

Stage 4

The short list is published on the IIA web site (in alphabetic surname order) The Short list, and therefore voting, should be publicly available for at two weeks.

Stage 5
    The voting procedure will be as follows: Anyone may vote by completing the required details on the IIA Net Visionary Voting Page. Details required are Voting Persons (a) Full Name, (b) valid E-mail address & (c) Company / Organisation.

Only one vote per person with a maximum of three voters from any one Company or Organisation. Only the first three votes received will count with the named member contact person having precedence over all other voters from the Company / Organisation.

The company must be a paid up member of the association in order to vote.

I'll check that and get back to you. Eoin

I checked with the IIA on this and they have clarified the rules.

Anyone may vote however they must complete name, company, email and contact as a sample audit will be done.
    Over 1,000 people have already voted. Thats over 10,000 individual votes within 48 hours.
    I would think that would make the award winners valid wouldn't you?

I'll check that and get back to you. Eoin

As Michele says it was corrected on the IIA website today, I couldn't post until this was done.

The short list for 2005 has been announced:

http://www.iia.ie/articles.asp?id=745

Eoin

Nice to see at least 3 boards' regulars are on there :D

Whos this Tom Murphy fellow, did they mean Tom O'Connor who often posts on boards i wonder. :D

• Advertisement

tom-thebox wrote:
    Whos this Tom Murphy fellow, did they mean Tom O'Connor who often posts on boards i wonder. :D
    Wasn't there a Tom O'Connor on the initial list? This is the short list Tom. Guess that other Tom O'Connor didn't make it. :)

Regards...jmcc

jmcc wrote:
    Wasn't there a Tom O'Connor on the initial list? This is the short list Tom. Guess that other Tom O'Connor didn't make it. :)

Regards...jmcc

:( darn!

Nice to see so many boards.ie and Open mailing list people on the short list though. :)

Regards...jmcc

Looks like i made the short-list - i guess I'll have to go buy that ticket now ... :)

nahdoic wrote:
    Looks like i made the short-list - i guess I'll have to go buy that ticket now ... :)
    If you are on the shortlist you should get in for free. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Cool, i am there. Haven't updated the site in ages, i guess its time.
    Should i have been contacted about being entered and then short-listed?
    I am not complaining, its very nice i just would have expected an email or something. :)

Advertisement