Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 new Bf2 Screenies

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

heheh WASTED :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Meh. Looks like DC or PoE. The gane engine is the reason I'll be buying it, tho.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

yeah looks nice - we'll see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

checking , looking , drooling .........cleaning ..wiping :D

looks nice it will be interestig to see the game engine and how it runs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The older screenies look nicer imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

meh not impressed by those, though the reason i play bf/nam is the playability not the gfx.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

exactly skylynx, just pretty grapics doesn't make a game good, but they r nice to look at :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

Does any of you guys know the actuall date release? Cuz if its competing with HalfLife2 at christmas its going to lose! They'll have to give it a month or two after HL2 cuz i dont know about you guys but im going to be playing HL2 for almost 2 months solid! Looking good though and you can see they brought the HL2 physics engine into it!

Does any of you guys know the actuall date release? Cuz if its competing with HalfLife2 at christmas its going to lose! They'll have to give it a month or two after HL2 cuz i dont know about you guys but im going to be playing HL2 for almost 2 months solid! Looking good though and you can see they brought the HL2 physics engine into it!
    It definatly wont be out this year Kami. We're looking at First / Second quarter 2005.

Crap!

Well i think the videos and screen shots are class and i love the game already.
    Do you think it'll be the same gameplay as BFV:PoE or will it be on another level?

• Advertisement

Another level completly.
    It still will be an FPS, but if you read any of the articles about its commander mode, squad commands, target marking etc... you'll see its gonna be a whole new Battlefield.

Yup! So is TiG going to be changing to BF2 or will it do both?

Yup! So is TiG going to be changing to BF2 or will it do both?
    It hasn't been decided yet.

It hasn't been decided yet.

You should! Stay with BFV but also get your guys trainning in BF2 when it comes out! If its so tactical then TiG shouldn't have a problum!
    I just can't wait untill we play a match in it that would have both TiG and NRG mounting the players to 50! LoL imagine playing a clan match with a 100+ players on the screen how tactical would it be then! A few civilians here and there and you got a good game RoFL!

You should! Stay with BFV but also get your guys trainning in BF2 when it comes out! If its so tactical then TiG shouldn't have a problum!
    I just can't wait untill we play a match in it that would have both TiG and NRG mounting the players to 50! LoL imagine playing a clan match with a 100+ players on the screen how tactical would it be then! A few civilians here and there and you got a good game RoFL!
    Actually, I'd love to see the tactical implications of 100+ players. Get proper squad based games. It would definatly get me more interested in tactics rather than playing the game.

It'd be cool if you could have 3 teams. 2 teams having a match, and a couple of terrorists on team C walking around with their own agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Does anyone actually believe there will be an internet server capable of holding 100 players?

Bf42 struggles with 64 , BFV has issues with 32.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Does anyone actually believe there will be an internet server capable of holding 100 players?

kdjac
    I don't. I just said it would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Uber LAN'age tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Looking good though and you can see they brought the HL2 physics engine into it!

wtf? i'm lost...and tbh hl2 single player good, but CS:S ain't impressive at all at all.........not going to have anything like the popularity that hl enjoyed over an extended peroid, personally i wouldn't be surprised if BF2 over-shadowed it come middle of next year. HL2 is going to need some amazing mods to have a hope of challanging it imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

SkyLynx wrote:
    wtf? i'm lost...and tbh hl2 single player good, but CS:S ain't impressive at all at all.........not going to have anything like the popularity that hl enjoyed over an extended peroid, personally i wouldn't be surprised if BF2 over-shadowed it come middle of next year. HL2 is going to need some amazing mods to have a hope of challanging it imo.

Yeah I does look like HL2 might get over-shadowed a lot sooner than HL did. But I think as soon as people start making mods with vehicles included it's gona be like the good old days all over again.

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac
    EA has a few 52 player ones. I suppose it depends.
    bus77 wrote:
    Yeah I does look like HL2 might get over-shadowed a lot sooner than HL did. But I think as soon as people start making mods with vehicles included it's gona be like the good old days all over again.
    :cool: That'll be nice. I've seen the racing map for HL, when there were no proper cars! And with those open landscapes, a few ramps, oooooh! It'll be nice :)

Syco i like what you said about Terrorests walking around with their own agenda! Twud be funny to see a raging battle going on and a few rebels killing anyone they see. Reminds me off the bronx! I can seriously imagine a good game were US are raping the Iraqi people when suddenly a convoy drives thru the bronx land! All you see is them attacking and wip'n out the Convoy! But if you could dress as civilians and US have to take you as prisoner would be better. I'd walk down the road notice the convoy has stopped to refuel and then run at a jeep when packed with TNT. Hehehe! Now that would be quality!

Advertisement