Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL without Eircom Line

• 12-10-2004 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭

I'm sure I read here a while ago that you could get IOL dsl without needing to have an active eircom phone line.

I'm having problems getting a line because the previous tenant left an outstanding bill and eircom want all sorts of letters from landlords proof of address etc. etc.

I know DSL is available because there is a DSL socket installed already.

Is there a way of getting IOL without having an eircom phone??

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Not in the residential space, they simply resell the eircom RADSL product I'm afraid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

ESAT Business ADSL maybe , available from 40 exchanges .

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Adey2002 wrote:
    I'm sure I read here a while ago that you could get IOL dsl without needing to have an active eircom phone line.
    ESAT DSL, not IOL DSL. ESAT have their own equipment in 40-odd exchanges, and can deliver their own DSL product (The ESAT/IOL services are just resold eircom services). But they still need an eircom phone line to deliver it. And they sem remarkably reluctant to sell the service, even if you're on one of the enabled exchanges, so it's proably not going to do you any good.

Advertisement