Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iol modem ping spike problem

• 12-10-2004 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi, I have recently started to notice random ping spikes with my iol bb connection and am using the free zyXel modem from iol.

MY connection is as follows: my comp connected directly to modem, ethernet connection from modem to switch to other pcs.

Restarting the modem seems to solve the problem for a short period of time.

Anyone any ideas on whether the problem could be my dsl modem, ICS setup etc??
    Thx in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

This has been happening to us in our house when playing Enemy Territory. It just seems we get spikes every 5 mins or thereabouts. At first I thought it was some garbage e-mail programe running on my PC but I checked every computer in the house and none of them had anything running in the background. As far as I can see it's IOLs service itself that's causing the spikes; I don't use ICS I use a router/modem :confused: Not happy about this.

Advertisement