Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healing Time

Options
  • 12-10-2004 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Firstly i want to apologise if this has been asked before,but i think it would be a good idea for people to post the time it took for a certain piercing to heal(ie until your able to take out and change the stud ring).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

How long does it take for a lip/chin piercing to heal?
    Any suggestions as to where(in dublin/galway) is (in your opinion) the best studio to get it done in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Snakebite in Abbey Street in Dublin.
    Use the edit button in future to add to a post instead of posting again.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

the length of healing all depends on what place on your body the piercing is,
    like i got an ear scaffold done last halloween and it has only healed up recently whereas i got a nape piercing(back of neck) done a month ago and its fully healed.
    as regards lip piercing you are probably looking at 2 months for it to fully heal,i got my lip done 3 weeks ago and it hasnt healed fully yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

I got kinda VERY drunk on hols at the end of August and woke up the next morning complete with "classy" English gal and also a peircing in the top of my ear.I think ive looked after it fairly well but its still a lil sore at times and at the back its got a lil kinda lump r sumtin.Im guessing its infected rite?
    If it is whats the best way to clean/make it heal?
    I clean it usually with a cotton bud and Dettol but its sorta hard to really get at it with the ring in place know what I mean.
    Any help wud be greatly appreciated
    Thanks ;)

cupthehand wrote:
    I got kinda VERY drunk on hols at the end of August and woke up the next morning complete with "classy" English gal and also a peircing in the top of my ear.I think ive looked after it fairly well but its still a lil sore at times and at the back its got a lil kinda lump r sumtin.Im guessing its infected rite?
    If it is whats the best way to clean/make it heal?
    I clean it usually with a cotton bud and Dettol but its sorta hard to really get at it with the ring in place know what I mean.
    Any help wud be greatly appreciated
    Thanks ;)
    Naa that lump isnt an infection,you get them lumps with cartilige piercing,just keep cleaning around the lump and it will gradually go away

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Could someone tell me about how long an ear lobe piercing takes to heal (I'm not very adventurous, so sue me =p)

My school has a no piercing rule, so I'm going to have to get it done at a time when I'll be able to take it out before going back

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Roughly two months for any ear piercing. Cartilage is less reliable though timewise. Get it done at the start of next summer. That's what I'm doing with mine, and I'm keeping them in this time. Accursed school!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Thanks Dave, I'll probably do that. Gives me June, July and August to heal. And no need to dick around with plasters

for an ear lobe?
    piss all healing time tbh,
    i got my lobe stretched to 4mm about a month ago and its healed grand now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Even better. I'm getting eight done in three sittings next summer. Lobes first, then two sets of helixes. It's going to sting for quite a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

which is a helix?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

which is a helix?

helix is the very top of the ear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Naa that lump isnt an infection,you get them lumps with cartilige piercing,just keep cleaning around the lump and it will gradually go away

Thank you very much sir, much appreciated :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Fungtank

How long does it take for a lip/chin piercing to heal?
    Any suggestions as to where(in dublin/galway) is (in your opinion) the best studio to get it done in?

It took my lip 2 n half months to heal fully. Though it was fine 2 weeks after getting it and looked fully healed it still felt a little raw for the other 2 months. I got it done in metalworks in galway, the place above the bodyshop on shop street. Some girl did it. I don't think she's there any more.

But i'd recommend John in irish ink to do it for you. He's done some for me. Really good. Realxed and interested. Go for him in my opinion.

Best of luck with it. It served me well.

Prince Albert took about 3 weeks to heal mostly and was completely healed in 5 weeks.
    Nipples were a lot longer, one took the best part of 18 months to heal, the other about the same.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I'll aggree with that, my nipple is done I think 2 years or is it 3 not too sure
    and its only just healed now, constant annoying
    back of my neck had it done after a month took it out was going terrible wrong,
    top of ear, that took prob about a year an half half to heal maybe because i was 13 when i got it done
    tounge took about 2 weeks to heal for both of them full about 4/5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Prince Albert took about 3 weeks to heal mostly and was completely healed in 5 weeks.

I've been thinking about getting this done & the g/f has expressed that this would be very cool for me to get done. What kinda problems did you run into or what are the common problems with healing. My main concern is with stiffies, as part of the problem is I seem to constantly have one & would be afraid of constant bleeding as a result which in my mind hamper the healing time............. anyone else who has input on this one, it'd be much appreciated!!!

::: ven0mous :::

ven0m wrote:
    I've been thinking about getting this done & the g/f has expressed that this would be very cool for me to get done. What kinda problems did you run into or what are the common problems with healing. My main concern is with stiffies, as part of the problem is I seem to constantly have one & would be afraid of constant bleeding as a result which in my mind hamper the healing time............. anyone else who has input on this one, it'd be much appreciated!!!

::: ven0mous :::

I had absolutely no problems with healing, every time you pee you wash it with sterile salt wash effectively.
    The stiffie thing was not a problem for me apart from the first night where I bled like I'd been shot in the crotch with a 12 gauge, it seeped into the mattress and everything, after the first night there was no more bleeding. My advice would be to get it done on a friday when you are not going out as it then has a weekend without work to get over the bleeding stage.
    The girlfriend likes it but it has been uncomfortable for her now and again.
    I am thinking of getting it changed into an appadravya soon as that one is supposed to have great feedback for the lady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I got a scaffold done just under 2 months ago now, and it's still healing. I've had two other top of the ear ones and they took a few weeks, but I stopped cleaning them and had to take them out. Eyebrow done twice aswell, took maybe about 2 months for both, had to be taken out for work reasons though. Just aswell, I think they look crap at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭mfitz

Nape - did'nt
    Lip - two months
    Nipple - seven weeks
    eyebrow one month

• Advertisement
Advertisement