Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making My Own Homemade Watercooling System

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

unklerosco wrote:
    The beer cooler could work really well, Its basically a tank with piping in it. The prpes freeze the water surrounding them n the reast of the water is pumped arount @ 1c, it doesn't freeze cause of the flow its pumped at...

put me down for two and a packet of peanuts .....i would be nice to see what the results of a rig cooled by a setup like that ...but whats the noise levels of these beer coolers??????....biggest problem is condensation ...you would have to set the mobo up as you would in a vapochill setup and silclone nearly everything up and just for good measure place some kind of gaskit head over the waterblock ...i seen a test setup on the interweb where the guy put a perspex cube over the cpu area and sealed it somehow which keep it away from the other components...if i was going to try something that extreme out id have to run it on a mickeymouse rig before it would ever go near what im running now ....BUT JUST IMAGINE :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

unklerosco wrote:
    There the coolers alrite... We've a ton of them in work, allot of them come in to be serviced n sent back out but i think beamish r upgrading allot of their gear so we might be scrapping a few of theirs. Was also thinkin of taking the rad of a big upright fridge(like the ones u get in off-licence's) n mounting it outside the house... It has a huge surface area which could prop give some good temps.

The beer cooler could work really well, Its basically a tank with piping in it. The prpes freeze the water surrounding them n the reast of the water is pumped arount @ 1c, it doesn't freeze cause of the flow its pumped at...

My god, if your going to do all that, why dont u just go for phase change, my your own setup, much better preformance, and less hassle when done right, if your going to get a beer cooler for your pc which will do 1c, then phase change at -50 will be 50 times better and half the hassle, probably be the same price if you get a 2nd hand 1. get 2 and cool your graphics card aswell, NOW THATS EXTREME.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

The reason why we cant go phase change is because phase change would be very dear to buy i wouldn't go out and buy a beer cooler but if they were being scrapped i would take 1. Also the hassle is where all the fun is , anyone can go out and buy things that will work great but it is more rewarding if something you makes works .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

BabyEater wrote:
    The reason why we cant go phase change is because phase change would be very dear to buy i wouldn't go out and buy a beer cooler but if they were being scraped i would take 1
    Lets be honest even if they upgrade there beer coolers they wouldnt give away the old ones, probably sell them off. A second hand phas change kit is about 350-400 euro, thats not that expensive, save upa while, will last u for YEARS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

As babyeater said its all about DIY... Its grand for me cause I can get my hands on a beer cooler, if i couldn't i wouldnt go out n buy one just to cool my PC.. I think id prefere a warm pc n a cold pint ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

BabyEater wrote:
    but it is more rewarding if something you makes works .

now your talking

Advertisement