Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB with shortterm or better yet NO contract?

• 12-10-2004 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭

I've been informed by NTL that my area *should* be upgraded by Christmas, which is great, but Im just about to come to the end of my current DSL free trial period and I really dont want to get into a 12 month contract with any of them as I really only need something to tide my over while Im waiting on NTL.

Checked Eircom, IOL, UTV... all seem to have a years minimum contract...

So can anyone tell me is there one of them out there that can connect me without any contract, or even with a monthly contract or something like that?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Kinda unrelated but where in Dublin are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Checkout Netsource. Some of their products have a two-month rolling contract.

You can also try to get another free trial with another ADSL provider. Seems possible given reports here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Give netsource a call, tell them your a soletrader working from home and need it for work purposes. They usually don't accept residential applications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Since cost is the issue here (I think), Netsource are not the answer. They will charge an installation fee and also a disconnection fee if you are conencted for less than 6 months (this may have changed but I'm pretty sure they charge disconnection no matter what). That will probably come to a total of at least €250 before you even take into account Netsources much higher fees for BB access.

Ripwave from IBB has a 30 day contract although they now also have an install/setup fee of €99 euro. Its the shortest contract period I know of. Also given the problems with IBB you may have to think twice about this.

By the way I really wouldn't takeNTL's word on upgrading anything at any time. They continually tell me when I call them that they have no schedule available for when an area will be upgraded and that you will know as soon as they do when its upgraded as the letter will be in the post.

Advertisement