Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb customers, problems with yahoo.co.uk?

• 13-10-2004 12:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

hey!

I can't connect to yahoo.co.uk! or yahoo.ie! I can connect to yahoo.com though!

I'm on digiweb, anyone experiencing the same problem?

I sent digiweb an email, haven't gotten a response yet!

I can't contact yahoo, I searched yahoo.com for direct contact with the support by email but I couldn't find it! all I found was those stupid useless FAQs

oh yea another thing!

I can download my yahoo email though pop3, but I can't send email!(smtp)

I tried to ping yahoo.co.uk - request timed out!

there are no problems with my configuration I connected though dial up and was able to open yahoo.co.uk and yahoo.ie, and could send email without any problems!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

ok, just called Digiweb, it turns out that it's with Digiweb, yahoo pr**ks blocked their ip range!

Man, Digiweb is the nicest company and people I have ever dealt with! everyone is soo polite and all of them know their stuff very well! and when I told this guy my name, he remembered that I emailed yesterday! and said he couldn't reply because of the yahoo block problem, wow! try that with eircom! you have to talk 30 minutes with them just to make them remember who are you and when you called!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I'm on digiweb dsl too and can't connect to yahoo.co.uk or ie Have to agree with you about digiweb support staff - it makes a pleasant change from dealing with faceless corporations ie Eircom who treat you as an irritant rather than a customer.

Did Digiweb ever discover why Yahoo is blocking their IP ranges? Thankfully I never use yahoo anyway!

he said it has something to do with yahoo's firewalls,

he said, he'll give me a call when they are fixed! it should be soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Sounds as if Yahoo blocked them due to spam?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Yup, I'm on digiweb also, and have had problems with Yahoo, mainly with accessing my mail through Yahoo Messenger, etc. Digiweb suggested I use a different set of DNS server values; this helped somewhat, but I still have problems.

I agree, it's nice to ring Digiweb and get straight onto someone who's enthusiastic, polite and who knows what they're talking about - I've talked to people both in support and in billing.

Now, if only they could sort out the web page where users will be able to check theit monthly quota/cap! Supposedly I went over mine, and now I'm throttled back to 64K temporarily. God knows where that 30GB is supposed to have gone. And shame about the timing, as I want to buy Half-Life 2 through Steam.

P.

• Advertisement

Ocean, this problem was fixed long time ago! I have no problems accessing anything! I suggest you call them and email their support(they always answer/reply!)

and check your firewalls!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Hi Cyberghost,

How would my firewall be responsible? I would imagine it would stop all
    HTTP traffic or none, but not selective traffic.

P.

well it depends on the firewall you have! also if you maintain HOSTS file

Advertisement