Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downtime?

Options
  • 13-10-2004 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

Is it just me, or was Boards unavailable again this morning? And is that the old logo back again on the main page? Seems nicer anyway...
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Not just you, my fellow mod. When I got back on the last post was at around 04:30 and was dead until about 10:30. Is it teething problems with the new server still 'coz pie wasn't responding either?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I thought the new fangled dohickey would stop boards from going down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Thank god it's back. Was gonna have a really boring day at work otherwise...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

anyone got the addy of the alternative server?

Mike.

ps clicksilver was also down when I fired up the broswer about 20 mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Well, neither worked for me. www. gave me dns errors, and pie told me there were database problems.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The database server went into a sulk. I think its because we've been paying too much attention to our new arrival, pie. Regi was otherwise engaged so Cloud hit it with a stick until it stopped sulking.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

DeVore wrote:
    The database server went into a sulk. I think its because we've been paying too much attention to our new arrival, pie. Regi was otherwise engaged so Cloud hit it with a stick until it stopped sulking.

DeV.

Hope he gave it a good belt, we don't want productivity going up and giving employers ideas above their station.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

They all went to hell when I was trying to reply to the illuminati thread in politics, i smell a conspiracy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I was hoping for a prize for noticing... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

mr_angry wrote:
    I was hoping for a prize for noticing... :(

I gave you some karma as a prize. But my work productivity went to hell while all yours improved - I wonder which is more beneficial to humankind? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

DeVore wrote:

DeV.
    woah, regi's engaged??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

He's been engaged for years, he just doesn't want to admit it.

Its **** isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I'm going to kill anyone who posted to or read this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Could this have anything to do with Amp's username being changed to Pam?

Co-incedence? I THINK NOT!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

DeVore wrote:
    ... Regi was otherwise engaged so Cloud hit it with a stick until it stopped sulking ...

Surely this was a typo for enraged?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Regi wrote:

please
    don't hurt me :eek:
    I swear I didn't read the rest of the thread!!!

congrats btw

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Regi wrote:
    For every downtime I find I will kill you.

woah, i swear, so far in the closet he's finding.....i'll stop digging now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Regi wrote:
    It was either read & post, or do a new topic about the same subject (which youse really hate)...

Anyhoo's, the following are the downtimes so far. On Wednesday 13th, and Thursday 14th, the boards went off @ 1am. On Saturday 16th of October, the boards were down @ 1.54am, and when I checked back at 2.53am, and they were still down.

Due to the times, I think this is not random, and may be a conspiracy, to try to get us into a regular sleep routine. Or just that its a "low time" for the amount of users, so they unplugged it for maintenance :rolleyes:

...that is one big ass sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

crash_000 wrote:
    ...that is one big ass sig.

hello pot I would like you to meet my new friend kettle
    Signature Rules (Rev. 16-AUG-02)
    Okay, there are a lot of BIG signatures appearing so I am reposting the guidelines in a more prominent place.

Since we have enabled images in people's signatures, I would like to suggest the following guidelines be strictly followed in order to ensure that your signature image does not impede the enjoyment of others.

All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, and you can't have both text and images.

* For text signatures: 4 lines normal size OR 8 lines small size, and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. Do not use the [.quote]
    tags.

he broke two rules, one of them twice, i only broke one. also i didnt relate to the rules i just said that was one big ass sig :P

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Thats the second time in a few weeks that the boards server has been down

crash, you forgot to remove the quote tags.

I only read it two minutes ago, give me time ecksor.

wheres the warning for the_syco? :p

Two minutes is loads of time. Any more trolling like that trying to get the_syco banned and you'll be banned.

When did you ever ban someone for an overly large sig? enjoying use of exxageration there ecksor? :)

• Advertisement

I think the first person I ever banned for being cheekily oversize with their signature was Detonated Sauce. Anyway, you didn't have to get rid of your stupid IRC quote that nobody gives a damn about or bothers reading, you just had to get rid of the quote tags.

Advertisement