Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List ofShooting Clubs in Rep.Of Ireland

Options
  • 13-10-2004 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Would it possible for a Sticky to be made for this and a list of shooting/rifle/clay pigeon Clubs here in Ireland.

And also Names of Shops/Dealers that we can pocure Firearms from and who have a good wide range.

TBH a lot of shops have a limited range and there is very few in ireland that have a large range.

Also in regards to pistols, where would the best dealer be, if we actually can legally get them in the future. <I know this has been covered>

Thanks

Woody

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭gouda

woody wrote:
    Hi Guys,

Would it possible for a Sticky to be made for this and a list of shooting/rifle/clay pigeon Clubs here in Ireland.

And also Names of Shops/Dealers that we can pocure Firearms from and who have a good wide range.

TBH a lot of shops have a limited range and there is very few in ireland that have a large range.

Also in regards to pistols, where would the best dealer be, if we actually can legally get them in the future. <I know this has been covered>

Thanks
    It should be possible for the relevant organisations members to provide info on clubs. The NARGC have a website which lists contact details for the Regional Game Councils who in turn could provide details of Clubs in their County.The NRPAI also have a website which has quite a lot of contact details for Clubs. Another source would be the Irish Shooters Digest magazine,carries ads from dealers and also Club results. The ICPSA also have a website and probably info on member Clubs also.
    Dealers carrying a good range of product? Really depends on what you want/need.Remember we are a small minority and most dealers cannot carry a comprehensive range because of the cost. Dealers tend to stock for the needs of the local shooters i.e. if they are close to a lot of lakes/water they will probably carry a lot of product for wildfowlers whereas the dealers close to Target Shooting ranges will probably carry Target Shooting related product. Best to outline on the board what you are specifically looking for and hopefully you will get a lot of posts with relevant info. I have sourced stuff from here the UK,the US and Europe. Comes back down to what you are looking for. You could also start your own club in your area or get permisson from local land owners to use a portion of their land as an unofficial range with a few friends and then when you are all excellent shots, travel to Open Competitions and whip the butts of the Club members. :D Myself and some friends have a lot of fun and get some great practice doing that but we do not enter a lot of competitions, still we do have a great time and it is very useful come hunting season.
    Don't know anyone who will be good on pistols in the South but the current dealers should be able to bring in most types and from all the leading manufacturers so if all goes well there should be quite a variety from existing dealers. There is also the possibility that new dealers will come to the fore.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

There's a thread sticky marked "Shooting Links" in the forum with website details for Irish Clubs.

Advertisement