Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas too early.....

Options
  • 13-10-2004 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

You know you are getting on a bit when you start to moan about the Christmas build up starting too early, and this year it seems earlier than ever. :o

There is only one exception that I make and that's 'Operation Christmas Child' where people are asked to fill a shoe box with gifts for poor, sick and suffering children around the world. :) It's easy to do , but has to be done before November 9th in order for the distribution process to kick in, so it has to be mentioned early.

Full info is available at http://www.samaritanspurse.ie/occ/what-is.asp - exact details can be viewed through the panel on the left of the page. You can also call them on 2940222 for drop off point locations.

It makes you feel good on Christmas morning. ;)
    Ger Roe. :

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Good stuff, nice idea, posted on the GigSmart board .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Ah yea, we used to do this in school.
    I'll try get something together. Maybe my brother will donate some toys or something.
    xm

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Sinister Pete

It's actually a lot of fun. My girlfriend and I did it last year. Just pay attention to what you CAN'T put in the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭alternate DJ

it's well wort it we did it in work last year and we got about 50 boxs filled and it makes you feel that little bit better it's well worte it and don't forget it's for a great cause i highly recomend it i'm going to do it again this year

Advertisement