Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make your DVD Player multi-regional!

• 13-10-2004 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

The story is that my sister buys alot of Region 1 DVD's (some soap she likes), and was only able to play it on my DVD player on the PC (which f3cked up the codes :( ), so I looked for a way around it.
    I found dvd365.net, and by entering the correct code, I was able to make my sisters DVD player go from R2, to multi-region (R0). As I see that alot of the sites sell different region codes, this may be handy, as no soldering/modding/etc is needed. You only need the remote :cool:

For me, I only had to enter 0,0,0,0 and then 9 on the remote, whilst the tray was open (as my sister has a Philips DVD625), and it went multi region! She now plays both the DVD's bought here, and the R1 DVDs she buys online.
    The great thing is that its free, and you don't have to know sh*t about DVD players (like me :rolleyes: ).

The site is http://www.dvd365.net/. When you enter it, click on the "hacks" section

Below is a quote copied from the FAQ on the site;
    DVD365.net wrote:
    When a DVD player is manufactured for a particular country or geographical region it is assigned a region code. This means that the player will only allow playback of DVD discs that are released by the distribution companies in that region. For example, a disc purchased in America will not play on a machine purchased in Europe. Certain manufacturers have put backdoor routes into their players to allow the region locking to be defeated. Whether this is deliberate or a simple method of configuring a player after manufacturing is open to opinion.

Chillin'
    the_syco

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

www.videohelp.com is another great place to find software hacks for your DVD player. It should be pointed out that not ever DVD player can be hacked from the remote control, although these days most can.

Good stuff indeed.

Robbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

google "the firmware page" (website changes a lot but they keep that for googlist reasons) PC and home dvd players , think they have them all covered.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 41 hcvti

dvd reviewer is another site for codes etc,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25 Ricardfred

Also dvdchips.co.uk is excellent for solderless diy multiregion upgrades. They send you a tiny remote which you only need to use once. Aim at your player and within seconds it is region free. Worked a treat with my Sony dvd recorder. Discs just play automatically and nothing further to do. Costs about £23.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

Ricardfred wrote:
    Also dvdchips.co.uk is excellent for solderless diy multiregion upgrades. They send you a tiny remote which you only need to use once. Aim at your player and within seconds it is region free. Worked a treat with my Sony dvd recorder. Discs just play automatically and nothing further to do. Costs about £23.
    mostly you can get the codes fro free from the sites listed above

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

philips pioneer and sony got to be done on a palm pilot.
    i have most of the codes . well a mate does...

if any one wants them done .........
    www.vcdhelp.com has all the info in the forums

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭scribs

I also have teh Philips 625 - great lttle player
    Got my free hack of http://www.videohelp.com

Great Site - Has hundreds of hacks for differnt DVD Players :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

theres mabye 25%of philips hackable.
    youre lucky.
    on some of them the hack can get to the main menu and even change the video output of ntsc dvds to full pal 50 htz.
    a lot of the bush and yamada etc cheaper models actualy have more features on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭jones

Typical my Panasonic SCHT-900 isnt anywhere to be found it must be the hardest to 'unlock' cause i've never been able to find ny codes for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Niall123

Well, I used it on my Venturer STS21AAS-10, and it only worked for 1 disc (of Lost), and still at that it was quite "jumpy", the others just wouldn't work. Can anyone help? Really need to watch it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Does anyone know if you can make a portable DVD region free? I did have a look on the sites to see if any of them had codes for portble players, but no joy! Can it be done? Am thinking of purchasing one as a Christmas gift but would like to make it region free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Niall123

It can be done. I don't know the sites, i think alot of them are the same as the ones mentioned above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

Can anyone suggest a worked-example for making the above model region-free using its remote? Couldn't be arsed buying something else. Would appreciate comments...

Also for making Xbox 360 region-free, if you know of any... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

I bought a JVC TH-S11 home cinema system last week and would like to make it region free if possible. I cant find any codes on the above links so I thought maybe it can't be done. :(

Has anyone any sources or suggerstions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Howyis,
    For the Sony DVDs you dont really need a chip... Here is instructions on exactly how to do it with out a service remote. Use the software called Winsamp. I did it on my ns705 and it was fine, also on a few mates sonys of various models...
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php?select=Sony+DVP-NS575P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭mburke

Hi Guys,

recently purchased a toshiba rd-xs24 dvd recorder from currys and for the life of me I can't find a hack to make it region free. I have searched web page after web page.

Anyone got any ideas ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

I have a Samsung DVD player and a Sanyo DVD Recorder. It took me ages to track down the codes for my Samsung player and I got the codes for my Sanyo player from Amazon (yes amazon).

Here are the codes:
    For the Samsung DVD-P140:
    Switch on the player, with no disc in the drive.
    Press Repeat
    Type: 5,7,5,3,8
    The current region should be displayed in the top left.
    Enter 9 to make multiregion.

For the Sanyo DVR-V100E:
    Press Setup on the remote
    Select System Info
    Press 1,1,0,1
    Region Code should be displayed along with the current region.
    Select this and then press 0. It will then say Free.

Also, try searching for your DVD player on Amazon.co.uk. If it says multiregion capable, there will be a link to the instructions needed to change the region code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Anyone know if it's possible to unlock a Sharp SD PX15H DVD player?
    I've searched all over the internet with no luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Anyone have a hack for Magnavox MRV810H?

I can't find one anywhere?:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭dam099

Brian017 wrote:
    Anyone have a hack for Magnavox MRV810H?

I can't find one anywhere?:(

Did you have any luck getting a hack for the Magnavox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭esquier

Is the Magnavox any good, it`s very cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭I.J.

Anybody know how to make a Philips HD3450 region free?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I.J. wrote:
    Anybody know how to make a Philips HD3450 region free?

Is it the same as this model?
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php?select=Philips+HTS3450

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Chalk wrote:
    mostly you can get the codes fro free from the sites listed above

None of them (apart from http://www.dvdchips.co.uk/, via a remote control purchase) seem to have a crack for a Panasonic SC-HT 540 unit. Has anyone successfully cracked one of these yet?

Seanie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sheepshagger

Has anyone got a code for this one. . . have looked on the various sites with no luck :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭NANOJO

hi sheepshagger have a look at this link hope it helps.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330821&highlight=rdr-gx120

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ellio239

i have a ronin p807 and im about 2 head 2 de states i want to get tv shows on dvd over der coz der far cheaper!!anyone no how i can make my dvd player region free and will all dvd region1 p[lay in it or my ps2 whichever!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭NANOJO

hi ellio239 follow this link for ronin p807

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/ronin-dvd-p807/3191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

I'm so disappointed. Just got DVDs of Undeclared from cdwow. I knew they were American but assumed I'd be able to unlock my DVD. Hitachi DV-PF5E anyone? I've looked everywhere and not found it. So just in case anybody here stumbled across it one day and didn't feel like telling anyone until now. Please!!
    Suppose I'll just have to watch at my parent's....

• Registered Users Posts: 21 WildWood

Hi, I'm looking for a hack for a Wharfedale L1911W-C TV/DVD. Really need to unlock to multi-region! Have trawled the net for info but no luck so far. Anyone have any ideas?:confused:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

The Targa DRH-5600x is a rebadged LG RH278H (or similar) - it's identical to the one in Curry's ad in todays paper.

So to region free (and it worked - be careful when scrolling through Opcodes) :

You need to go into the service menu and change the value below.

Set OP6 from af to 8f.

HOW TO ACCESS TO SERVICE-MENU
    1) turn ON the recorder without disc in the loader.
    2) Press and hold together the up and down arrows on the recorder (not the remote) for about 6 seconds, otherwise press both CLEAR button on the remote control and down arrow on the recorder for the same time.
    3) Use the left & right buttons on the remote to move through the OP codes, up & down buttons to change the codes, press enter to save the changes, then menu/list button to exit. The recorder will switch off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

Hi there,

Has anyone ever got a code for the branded Moviestar dvd player that was given away last year, as i got help with a post earlier on, i saw this post & thought i'd give it a go & ask if anyone has found a code to make it region-free.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

Has anyone got anywhere with this dvd player & is it possible to get a region-free hack for the moviestar dvd player, as i suppose it wont be available on any site.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jdulaney

http://www.planetomni.com/Prod_BLURAY.shtml
    If your TV has HDMI input it doesn't make any difference what the standard is, PAL, SECAM, NTSC, PLA-M, PAL-N it will play all BLU-RAY Region a and b discs perfectly in the original quality!

These also play all regular DVD movies from region 1 and 2!

JOhn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PHOTOLIAM

parsi wrote: »
    The Targa DRH-5600x is a rebadged LG RH278H (or similar) - it's identical to the one in Curry's ad in todays paper.

So to region free (and it worked - be careful when scrolling through Opcodes) :

You need to go into the service menu and change the value below.

Set OP6 from af to 8f.

HOW TO ACCESS TO SERVICE-MENU
    1) turn ON the recorder without disc in the loader.
    2) Press and hold together the up and down arrows on the recorder (not the remote) for about 6 seconds, otherwise press both CLEAR button on the remote control and down arrow on the recorder for the same time.
    3) Use the left & right buttons on the remote to move through the OP codes, up & down buttons to change the codes, press enter to save the changes, then menu/list button to exit. The recorder will switch off.
    When trying the update I pressed the power button all tho OP codes changed to zero and the characters on the display went ga ga, thought I was in big trouble, powered it back on and it just switched itself off again. I then accessed the service menu again and it re-set itself to the original settings, just posting this in case it happens to anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Typical my Panasonic SCHT-900 isnt anywhere to be found it must be the hardest to 'unlock' cause i've never been able to find ny codes for it.

Panasonic = Matsu****a , and Matsu****a drives , especially pc drives , are notoriously difficult to make region free , as you will find out with a quick google search.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Rayob

Hi Everyone,
    I'm new to this forum and would be grateful for any help.
    I recently bought a Targa dvd recorder in Lidl, model 5700x.
    I have looked at all the sites listed but cant seem to find a hack for it,
    I wonder has anyone found one,
    Thanks,
    Ray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LongWayToTipp

Anybody got codes for a Walker DVD player?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 7 knfa

Does anyone have a code for the Philips DVDR 3575h?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Can the Panasonic DMP-BD30K be made multi-region with the handset or does it need a dealer remote to hack it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

it can only be made multi region for DVDs, not blu rays yet. it cant be done with just the panny handset. you need a pda with infra red or an One For All handset.

or your local dealer can hook you up!

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

big_moe wrote: »
    it can only be made multi region for DVDs, not blu rays yet. it cant be done with just the panny handset. you need a pda with infra red or an One For All handset.

or your local dealer can hook you up!

adam

Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Hi all, I'm looking to make either of my dvd players region free.

I've got a Bush dvdavr 11xi

31J503JGG7L._SS500_.jpg

And a Phillips DVDR 3380/05

438.jpg

Has anyone any successful hacks for either of these ? Much appreciated.

EDIT:

Found them.

This is for the Bush DVD.
    • Open the DVD tray and ensure in stop mode
    • Now press Setup, Next, Prev, Next and Prev
    • On screen you will see VERSION 2
    • Select 255 for Region Free
    • Press Setup key to save settings

And for the Phillips....
    • Power on (display shows no ''disc''.
    • Press 0086000 then ok.
    • Power off and back on with remote control

To check what region the player is :
    • Enter 0009 and press ok

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hi folks,

Does anyone know what's the code for a "Kentek Compact DVD Player"?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

New Home wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Does anyone know what's the code for a "Kentek Compact DVD Player"?

Thanks
    Can't find a reference to even "Kentek Compact DVD Player", so I'd like if you could double check the name, or get a model number?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm afraid that's the problem I had too - the player is definitely a Kentek, but I can't find out anything about it anywhere.

I've just checked the machine just to be sure and I found a model number (K003). On the box it came in there are also a batch number (K003.21.05.07) and a serial number (07:K003-1771). There are no other details anywhere else.

If it helps, I bought it in Supervalu.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement