Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N24 still closed?

• 13-10-2004 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

anyone here know if the N24 between Cahir and Tipp is still closed, I'll be on it tomorrow. Last weeks diversion was pure hell!

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

mike65 wrote:
    Hi

anyone here know if the N24 between Cahir and Tipp is still closed, I'll be on it tomorrow. Last weeks diversion was pure hell!

Mike.

Hi,
    yeah it is, what diversion ddi you have to take - I might know a better way for you to go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well the offcial route is go via New Inn and Golden (wretched narrow road) to Tipp, what I'll do tommorrow as I'm heading to Charleville (from Waterford) is go southwest at Cahir along the Cork road and turn north at Mitchelstown and on to Kilfinane then Kilmallock/Charleville. However I'll be coming back from Limerick so that option wont be an option. I'm just looking at the lastest map of the area and I can plot a route via Bansha (the railway back road) then via Rathgallen/Ballyslatteen/Bellvue Park and New Inn. That way I'll avoid the half-mile long tailback into Golden.

Mike.

What side of bansha is the diversion on - is it before or after the petrol station?

I dont know, the road is signposted as closed from the edge of Tipparary town, it might be possible to reach Bansha and the turn just by the
    filling station but I'm not going to drive out that way only to have to turn back! I'll take the back road which runs along the railway.

Mike.

is it limerick city you'll be coming from? If so so you know the old cork road?

• Advertisement

Yep from Limerick, you mean the turn right (where the road is good) and sign-posted for Mitchelstown? I've never used that road.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Yep from Limerick, you mean the turn right (where the road is good) and sign-posted for Mitchelstown? I've never used that road.

Mike.

Do you know roxboro road, just before the tipp roundabout, there is another round about there? - If you take that road & follow it straight through it brings you out at the hill going into mitchelstown so all you have to do is turn left & it brings you to cahir - it's a good road & very quick

Ah good thinking! I've used that road before, thats proberly the least "diversionary" way back. Thanks.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Ah good thinking! I've used that road before, thats proberly the least "diversionary" way back. Thanks.

Mike.

No worries - anytime :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

It’s open again now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

mike65 wrote: »
    Hi

Mike.

Only for essential travel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

It’s open again now.

After sixteen years? :eek::eek::eek:

Advertisement