Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Éire v Faroe's (will include scores)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I'm very happy with that 2-0 result considering how badly we played for at least 60 out of the 90 minutes. For the fourth match in a row we've proven we cannot play to a consistent level for 90 minutes (yes that also includes the v.impressive France game) and for the fourth match in a row we've dipped significantly in the 2nd half after producing some decent stuff in the 1st. Kerr will have to address that problem if he's going to get the most out of this team in the next year.

Also last nights match FINALLY confirmed to me that Reid is not ready (mentally or physically) to be in the first XI. He gave away the ball AT LEAST 10 times during the game, tried 2-3 outrageous powder-puff shots on his outstep that wouldn't have troubled a Sunday league keeper and put the icing on the cake by needlessly getting booked midway thru the 2nd half for a vicious sliding tackle (that I personally would have sent him off for.). I think young Andy needs long stint on the Ireland bench whilst he works out where exactly his career is going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Pigman II wrote:
    Also last nights match FINALLY confirmed to me that Reid is not ready (mentally or physically) to be in the first XI. He gave away the ball AT LEAST 10 times during the game, tried 2-3 outrageous powder-puff shots on his outstep that wouldn't have troubled a Sunday league keeper and put the icing on the cake by needlessly getting booked midway thru the 2nd half for a vicious sliding tackle (that I personally would have sent him off for.). I think young Andy needs long stint on the Ireland bench whilst he works out where exactly his career is going.

Yeah I agree. While he is a promising prospect for the future I think he needs to realise that while he's a Big Fish ina Small Pond in the Championship he is a very Small Fish in a Very Big Pond since he's stepped up a level.
    The best thing Andy can do is to put his dillusions of grandeur regarding his Premiership dreams behind him for at least another season and put his head down and and just get stuck into developing his game and mentally over the next season or two. If he's good enough he'll be picked up a Premiership club.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Pigman wrote:
    Also last nights match FINALLY confirmed to me that Reid is not ready (mentally or physically) to be in the first XI. He gave away the ball AT LEAST 10 times during the game, tried 2-3 outrageous powder-puff shots on his outstep that wouldn't have troubled a Sunday league keeper and put the icing on the cake by needlessly getting booked midway thru the 2nd half for a vicious sliding tackle

I couldnt believe some of those shots he was trying. They were terribly executed by someone who has a good scoring record. It looks like he is really starting to buy into his own hype. Another Alan Moore or Keith O'Neill anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

was at the match too, agree with boro about the atmosphere. was great 1st half, 2nd half was sort of back to normal as we got frustrated at the fancy s*** we were watching that never came of.

faroes fans started off the mexican wave after MANY failed attempts and that got the crowd going 1st half. nobody cheered the left back or any other faroes player unless they smashed a ball wide or hit a cockeyed pass that ended up going out of play (which happened quite a bit).

win and 3 points but frustrating and disappointing, they were afraid to shoot from distance and tried to score the perfect goal as usual. 2-0 against the faroes at home is not a good result and not the sort of result that has the swiss, france or israel quaking in their boots, or the rest of europe for that matter. i mean if we win 2-0 AT HOME, what should we expect away??? to scrape a 1-0 win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

what about kilbane??!!! he must be using a new shampoo cause he played a stormer!!

atmosphere was brill, those bucket seats make some noise when everyone moves their feet on em!

game was alright, robbie was poor again though i thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

VinnyL wrote:
    robbie was poor again though i thought!

i love it !! he scores 2 goals, breaks the irish goalscoring record but he was POOR AGAIN!! Please :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

One was a peno, the other a tap in after someone else done the hard work, yet we had to endure his annoying knacker celebration TWICE!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

bazH wrote:
    One was a peno, the other a tap in after someone else done the hard work, yet we had to endure his annoying knacker celebration TWICE!

i wonder did you cheer when he scored the goals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Just on the subject of Goal Difference. Although a proper thrashing of the Faroes last night night would've of been good for us we're in fairly good shape as it stands at the moment.

Now I know the Swiss have a game in hand, but I can't really see them beating Israel by more than 1 goal. They drew 2:2 with them already.

And it's also worth noting that we have only conceded 1 goal in 4 matches with 2 of those matches being are toughest away matches.

So all in all we're looking in good shape at the moment.

.......................MP...W...D....L....GF...GA...Pts..GD
    Ireland Republic...4.....2....2....0....6.....1.....8.....5+
    France...............4....2.....2....0....4.....0.....8.....4+
    Switzerland.........3....1.....2....0....9.....3.....5.....6+
    Israel.................3....1.....2....0....4.....3.....5.....1+
    Cyprus...............4....0.....1....3....3.....9.....1......6-
    Faroe Islands.......4....0.....1....3....2....12....1.....10-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Nobody mentioned Cunningham's booking. That's our 2 most important players (IMO) on yellows. I doubt they'll do a Beckham and get deliberately booked because none of our up and coming games we can exactly take for granted.

I don't think the score will really matter in the end. Once someone scores in the Ireland-France match goal difference won't matter if we're level on points with France. I can't see us not beating the Swiss in Lansdowne and even a 0-0 draw will put us ahead of them if we're level on points.

1 more win and we'll have the same points total as we did after all matches in the Euro 2004 Q's. :D

Duff should have ran with the ball more, I can't remember him losing possession once last night. He was playing against the Faroe's, if he runs he either gets through on goal or gets us a freekick, the Faroe's just couldn't get the ball off him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

eirebhoy wrote:
    Nobody mentioned Cunningham's booking. That's our 2 most important players (IMO) on yellows. I doubt they'll do a Beckham and get deliberately booked because none of our up and coming games we can exactly take for granted.

I don't think the score will really matter in the end. Once someone scores in the Ireland-France match goal difference won't matter if we're level on points with France. I can't see us not beating the Swiss in Lansdowne and even a 0-0 draw will put us ahead of them if we're level on points.

1 more win and we'll have the same points total as we did after all matches in the Euro 2004 Q's. :D

Duff should have ran with the ball more, I can't remember him losing possession once last night. He was playing against the Faroe's, if he runs he either gets through on goal or gets us a freekick, the Faroe's just couldn't get the ball off him.
    Ya it was pretty stupid for Kenny to get booked, it was on the bloody half-way line too. Just hope he doesn't end up missing an important game, although we probably have more cover in defence than anywehere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

eirebhoy wrote:
    I bet you'd even put a hat on the bed too! Don't jinx us with comments like that! :)

Advertisement