Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uk MET Office Spokesman Sez "We expect temperatures to drop in winter".

• 13-10-2004 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Thats pretty much stating the obvious dude but they really should get themselves a new Spokesperson . The comment comes in the context of forecasts that we are in for an exceptionally cold winter this time around.

The full story including more from the legendary Dominic Woollartt the muppet who said

We expect temperatures to drop in winter

is on the BBC website Here . I belive the last nasty long winter here was in the early 1960s while none of the really cold snaps since have lasted longer than 1 week to 10 days before thawing. The worst in living memory was 1947 or 1948 when the snow remained on the ground for 3 months continous.

We are due one of these yiz know :(

M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Muck wrote:
    Thats pretty much stating the obvious dude but they really should get themselves a new Spokesperson . The comment comes in the context of forecasts that we are in for an exceptionally cold winter this time around.

The full story including more from the legendary Dominic Woollartt the muppet who said

We expect temperatures to drop in winter

is on the BBC website Here . I belive the last nasty long winter here was in the early 1960s while none of the really cold snaps since have lasted longer than 1 week to 10 days before thawing. The worst in living memory was 1947 or 1948 when the snow remained on the ground for 3 months continous.

We are due one of these yiz know :(

M
    "We also expect rain to fall, and Christmas to come and go. Spring, with any luck, will follow in a few months time."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The weather board can be found here

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Theres a board dedicated to weather, jesus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Yippeee! Snow. I haven't seen snow in about 14 years.
    In fairness though, they're predicting this to be one of the coldest winters on record. Hmm, I don't think I'll hold them to that prediction, seeing as how on Friday night the weather forecast for Saturday was heave rain, and yet it turned out to be a fine day. Same thing Saturday night for Sunday and again completely wrong. If they can't see what's in front of them how do they know what's coming over the next four months?
    I think that guy must have been watching The Day After Tomorrow and got a bit confused with his facts :)

Advertisement