Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The things kids have to watch today...

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The guys with suits - Centurions!!!

MAN AND MACHINE - POWER EXTREME!!!

- at least I think that's what they used to say....

Class cartoon that.

As for Visionaires - I think I remember something like that - not too sure about details mind...

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

DAMMIT KHARN LAD! I was just about to say centurions.. smile.gif
    Jake Rockwell - Land Operations,
    MAx Ray - Underwater Stuff
    Ace Mcloud - Air n Space.. Shadow the dog..
    Skybolt..! DAMMIT all from memory!..
    Best vehicle was wild weasel! wheres my Jake rockwell action figure.. they were MASSIVE.. about 4 times the size of a star wars figurine.. and they were CLASS!.. ooooh how i loved em..
    smile.gif

"LOSE me.. Hate me.. SMASH me..
    ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

[This message has been edited by Chief (edited 23-02-2001).]

Chief, me aul tub of fun - you're a man posessed! I couldn't remember the name's of the guys, but I remember Wild Weasel doing the business alright. There was a chick in it too - she sent them all the Kit - her name was Crystal, wasn't it?

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

I remember the Visionaries, that cartoon was pretty sh!t, never liked it that much.

They all had a big staff and a flag on top with some animal on i think, and they could change into that animal whenever.

Still tho id put it on our TVs before i put that retarded sh!t called, "THE CELTIC KNIGHTS OF TíR NA N'óG"

Its one of the gayest, poorest, fupped up attempt at a kids programs ever to grace the screens. It should never of even got a pilot.
    Not to mention the blatant historical changes they have made.

PS:Why is Ubb off? anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

Dang Right Kharn m8!
    YEP! haha Crystal it was NOICE WAN! :O)

"LOSE me.. Hate me.. SMASH me..
    ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Dunno, its been off for the last few days now :/ Btw, i rember that visionaries thing i think......

Anyone rember those videos you could buy? they'd be like 5 hours long and have one episode of loads of cartoons, transformers, action man, all of those on one tape, class biggrin.gif

UP DA DUBS!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

SUPERTED !!!!

As Gaeilge!!!!!

Damn it Jim, im a doctor, not a Beefy King !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Trapdoor.
    damn that ruled.
    and why the **** did they keep opening it? smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

LOL i was watching TV at a mates house a few nights back and "tailspin" came on, i had entirely forgotton about that one. Just thought id share that one with yez

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Energizer1

Does no'one remember james bond jnr, or speed racer. brilliant cartoons , and idon't mean the old speed racer.

No WAY man - the old Speed Racer was WAY better!
    * Dav sings *
    Here he comes, here comes Speed Racer! He's a demon on wheels!

James Bond Jnr wasn't too bad.

As for Trapdoor! That was absolute brilliance!

I remember a few months back I was in Coyote's café in Dundrum and one of his mates had downloaded all the theme songs to classic old stuff like that - ah, the memories!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

I have to get in on this one , 16 years of age and still subscribing to the Cartoon network!

I caught that Starship troopers on TV3 one sunday morning , Jesus H. Christ! , Its very good CGI , as a MAX3 user myself i was blown away *pity it wasnt like the game* They took out all the subtle German ww2 Imagery though frown.gif , as for Shadow wars , that V. was good ,They never beat the beastly swine did they? , as for reboot , i was never a big fan of tat , Battle tech was very good ,made me buy MW2 at the time *has continued up to Vengence last week* I was always a fan of Gi-Joe as a young-in it had one catchy song
    "G-I Joe, International Heroe , Gi Joe is there "ect.
    But as for Cartoons theese days , theyre not all that bad , no good action ones *James bond junior was the last of them* but they have some damn good funnies , have you Seen Johnny Bravo? ,Dexters lab is another Fav , I mean dont give up hope folks

( There are some wierdos out there , eh?)
    -Not Bob Maclean

Time waits for No man ...except Bob MaClean the Sex Machine

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

anyone remember freakzoid?

had some blue dude with weird hair, and a lightning stripe on his red jumpsuit.. it was really weird, but ****in great :)

used to be on sat mornings along with DUCK TALES! ... don't remember when.. early 90's or so I think

oh and Bravestar man.. that "strength of a bear, speed of a puma">. man I don't remember that cartoon but just that one line.. it's almost making me cry with nostalgia :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

damn nostalgia

why doesnt anyone do something about it. open a tv station just dedicated to those classic programs that made us who we are today (screwed up :) )

my favs were all of 'em, didnt care what it was, i watched. you thought it was crap, i probably thought it was great....sheesh and I wonder why my ability to, er...uhm, my ability to ah......french toast please (lol)

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by Belisarius
    I caught that Starship troopers on TV3 one sunday morning , Jesus H. Christ! , Its very good CGI , as a MAX3 user myself i was blown away *pity it wasnt like the game*
    I have three of the DVD's of this. It's a superb series.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Hobnail Monkey

Johnny Bravo - the year 2000's own Elvis!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

we are all forgetting, though, the single greatest cartoon of all time - Ren and Stimpy!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Ph3n0m
    we are all forgetting, though, the single greatest cartoon of all time - Ren and Stimpy!!!!
    Pinky and the Brain was better.

Advertisement