Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unimportant

Options
  • 13-10-2004 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

This doesn't annoy me, its just a small bug I noticed.

I've seen this a few times before, but thought my eyes were decieving me, but now I have proof (or at least until someone else posts).

The thread Dev just put up about stats, looking at the forum it says it has 3 replies with mine as the most recent one, but if you go into the thread it has Lenny's reply (the third one) after mine.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Not really a bug, it just means Lenny's post was processed between the times you recieved the page and the time you clicked the link.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

If you think that's a bad bug. I didn't even reply to this thread. WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Not really a bug, it just means Lenny's post was processed between the times you recieved the page and the time you clicked the link.
    I refreshed both the forum and the thread after Lenny's post, and it said I was the last post but in the thread Lenny's post was after mine.

Perhaps I'm not understanding what you are saying. Can you explain it a bit better?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

happened to me a while back
    your post seems to start the minute you hit reply
    but actually gets posted when you hit post
    so if you spend 5 mins writing a reply
    someone hits reply after you and takes 1 min then theres will post first but show as posting after you in the lasp poster preview

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Chalk wrote:
    someone hits reply after you and takes 1 min then theres will post first but show as posting after you in the lasp poster preview
    Ah, that makes more sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Chalk wrote:

Exactly what I was going to post... *cough* ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

yeah something similar happened to me as well, where i posted a reply in a thread but for about a half a hour after it the person who replied before me still had the last post in the thread weird!

Advertisement