Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clongawney, Mulingar

Options
  • 13-10-2004 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I would deeply appreciate any information tht anyone could give me about the neighborhood known as Clongawney in Mulingar. My great grandmother, Bridget Byrnes, was born thee in the mid nineteenth century and emigrated to America. I understood Clongawney to be a rural area at that time, but now I am told it is simply part of Mulingar. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Clongawney is a few miles outside Mullingar(Dublin side) on the N4. The area is still rural apart from the N4 dual carraigeway. The only major features of the area would be Hamills service stations on both sides of the N4. Everything else would farms, bog, forest and one off houses.

If you're after detailed information I'd start with the local library in Mullingar 044-40781. A fair few local history books have been published in the area over the past few years and one of these may cover your area. If not, the Library will be able to give you details of local historians who should be able to help.

If you don't get any joy let me know and I'll ask around.

Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JimC

Thanks very much indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JimC

Thanks very much indeed

Advertisement