Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WOW! PS2 SlimLine! it's tiny!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

is there any hardware difference in them?

just noticed the tiny power supply too :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

God love the Japanese and their love of making things constantly smaller. They are cheating a little with the external psu but it's still very very small.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Wow, as much as my disliking of Sony goes that looks fookin sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Cr3mo, nope, it's exactly like the original ps2, just smaller!

• Advertisement

ps2219_1.jpg
    pstwo2.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The PSP looks a good bit smaller in that picture. Its still big but it must have been the small asian girls because it looked huge in the pictures posted in the last thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I really liked what the did with the redesigned PSone.

But I've never liked the PS2 design, and making it smaller doesn't really help, other than making it a slightly smaller eye sore.

With the PSU outside it should be quieter. Which is a good thing, as my PS2 is far too noisey...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

But its a bloody flip to so it will still need that same clearance as the PS2 needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

/me swoons

I think this will be what prompts me to finally buy a PS2.

/me searches eBay for Ico...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

As well as the external PSU, it's not upgradeable with an internal HDD.

Sico wrote:
    /me swoons

I think this will be what prompts me to finally buy a PS2.

/me searches eBay for Ico...

http://www.gamesguru.net/index3.htm

the only guy that is currently offering them on ebay!

seamus, yep! and installing a mod chip into it, will be harder! much harder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

yippie kia motherfuker its fuken tiny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

CyberGhost wrote:
    http://www.gamesguru.net/index3.htm

the only guy that is currently offering them on ebay!

seamus, yep! and installing a mod chip into it, will be harder! much harder!

Is that site for real?
    They're using hotmail for email!

Killian

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Looks very nice, I'll probably get one once everyone starts going nuts over the next generation consoles and these drop in price.

Beats the Gamecube in terms of cuteness. Looks like we have a new champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

Strangely reminds me somewhat of the sinclair zx spectrum 48k, its about the same form factor and shares it good looks :O

Spectrum had better games tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Spoonman wrote:
    Spectrum had better games tho...

C64 was better than the Spectrum. :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

C64 was better than the Spectrum.

Far better hardware but not it couldn't beat the speccy for great games.

K!LL!@N wrote:
    Is that site for real?
    They're using hotmail for email!

Killian

well, maybe it's real, maybe not! I would call them before buying! and would pay only by paypal! if something happens, ebay has a protection! so you would get at least some of your money back!

looks real TBH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 adr3n

I have recently bought one of the consols from Gamesguru and have not yet recived it. still waiting. Anyone else ordered one from there?? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

how long ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

I got a slim one yesterday and god they are small! The size of a book......absolutely tiny................fantastic. Still have to spend some quality time with GTA: SA and THUG 2

Moojuice wrote:
    I got a slim one yesterday and god they are small! The size of a book......absolutely tiny................fantastic. Still have to spend some quality time with GTA: SA and THUG 2

you ordered from gamesguru too?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Wasn't going to buy it, but then I saw it in the flesh and was won over. Tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

no I got it in GAME.

i ordered it on thursday, he emailed me on Friday saying it had been sent, since then he hasnt replied to ANY of my emails. And will not reply by the looks of it....

so basically i have lost out on £100

yeh the slimline is great i bought one on friday.

really really small them pictures up top make it look huge!!!

it's about the size of 1 1/2 dvd cases in length.

the only noise outta it is when it's loading, other than that what noise?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

adr3n wrote:
    i ordered it on thursday, he emailed me on Friday saying it had been sent, since then he hasnt replied to ANY of my emails. And will not reply by the looks of it....

so basically i have lost out on £100

why didnt you just go into game and pay an extra €10 to get it there and then?

i was feeling very dumb.... how can i get my £100 back. Will i have to get the police involved

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 duuke

Are you talking about last week? If so, it's only been a week, I'd give it another week before I start to panic.

I'm thinking about getting a PS2 now, this slimline one looks great, and I really want San Andreas.. only problem is I would have liked to put a hard drive in it, I guess that's not completely impossible? At best I imagine I can have the internal hard drive.. external.. which won't exactly look great. I was hoping to get HDAdvance and a new HDD etc, now I'm thinking I'll just have to get the PS2 and a mod chip (which I imagine will be twice as hard to install now) 'cos I really want to be able to play backups.

Ahh decisions..

Advertisement