Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom.net having a bad day?

Options
  • 13-10-2004 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Anybody else encountering intermitent difficulties with eircom.net email servers today?
    Or is it just me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I am..
    First time in ages though. Usually they're rock solid.

K.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, seems to be a delay in recieving mail on it.

Had hassle checking it early this morning too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

Cool
    So long as its not just me..
    True - it almost never gives any hassle. Can't remember the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

was speaking to them earlier -- they have a slight hardware problem today, yesterday only 3 of their 14 smtp servers were live due to "technical issues" mail delays of over an hour each way.
    Martin

Fair enough
    A short note on their website explaining this might have kept a lot of grumpy users at bay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

vinnyfitz wrote:
    Fair enough
    A short note on their website explaining this might have kept a lot of grumpy users at bay.

They never post information like that on their website, never.
    I was amazed to even get a mail informing me of the dangers of diallers.

Killian

Well, as you probably know, they only did that 'cos they were forced to by ComReg.

Its funny that they don't ever post customer advisories. Maybe they prefer the revenue from schmucks ringing the 1550 number and paying to be told "It's not your fault. It's ours" .

Anyway they are not the worst.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

only one out of three users could get email on one site..

It's so bloody inconsistant..

Reminds me of when they changed thier dial up phone numbers a while back - the old settings wouldn't connect. So setup a new account with another provider with Eircom username and Eircom password. Then I edited the dialup settings and only changed the phone number - and of course connected first time. Arrrrggggghhhhh

How a home user could cope is beyond me..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

vinnyfitz wrote:
    Well, as you probably know, they only did that 'cos they were forced to by ComReg.

Funny thing is, when Comreg forced them to do it Eircom properly tried to make up some crap about it going to cost them thousands to send e-mails to there users :p

Hmm does this count as spam?
    Especially if you unticked the "I don't want to hear from your company" box.

Advertisement